Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Not to play devil's advocate, but I am sure a few of you out there have tried bending your 6/Plus with your bare hands for the sake of curiousity.

The handheld bend tests on YouTube are pretty telling... So, who's tried to replicate this with the knowledge that Apple is replacing bent phones?

Not recommending that you should try to bend it, but there have got to be a few MR users who have already.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
Yes, I am on my 4th 128gb iPhone 6 Plus. I will keep bending them until I get one that does not bend...

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
Yeap. I try bending everything I buy, like my new TV and my girlfriends iPad Air. Because you GOTTA know if you can bend something with your bare hands. That's so alpha

coorspate

macrumors regular
May 20, 2006
Bender should weigh in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 240

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Yeap. I try bending everything I buy, like my new TV and my girlfriends iPad Air. Because you GOTTA know if you can bend something with your bare hands. That's so alpha

Lulz this. Not to mention forcing something to bend and expect the phone to defy the laws of physics... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Not on purpose, but good grief did my husband's phone go through a lot his first full day with it. First off, since we didn't order cases, hubby insisted on sticking the phone in his front pants pocket like he always does caseless despite all he'd heard about bending. My husband is tall and has leg muscles that will bend the phone if it's really that fragile. He got through the workday with no problem and we promptly went out to the mall, hunted around a bit and got matching wallet cases that are remiscent of the iPad cases made by Incipio. They're actually pretty useless as wallets but offer good protection despite looking thin and flimsy. Our AT&T store carried them. They come in black or white/black combo.

The case immediately earned its keep that night. My husband had the cased phone and a glass of water and was heading off to bed. As he tried to open the bedroom door our crazy cat shot past him and he spilled water and dropped the phone from chest height to the hardwood floor.

I heard the clatter from the kitchen and the cursing and the cat's name. This is the same cat who got startled and rolled down the stairs when the doorbell rang as the phones were delivered and almost tripped me. So I guessed what had happened. I didn't know about the water, though. Hubby entered the kitchen, grabbed paper towels, glared at me and said "Don't ask!" Then dried off the phone.

When he calmed down he told me the phone seemed fine.

So there you have it, real world torture test from a tired middle-aged couple with the usual careless habits couples like us have and a crazy cat that, before we adopted it, probably worked as a movie extra as That Cat that pops out of cupboards and fakes the audience out in horror films. No, we did not make a You-Tube video of it. That's for you younger folks to do stuff like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.