Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malibuboats91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Hey everyone! I hate to start another one of these threads, but I have a 6+ and need to get a case. I've used Otterbox Defender's on my last 6 or 7 phones but they aren't available yet. I called Otterbox and they have no ETA. Do you know of any cases that have the same amount of protection, but aren't any bulkier than the Otterbox?

I went to best buy and they had some ballistic cases but they are super bulky and don't have a screen protector. I noticed that AT&T has the Pelican Voyager but I haven't heard much about it. Any help would be much appreciated!!

BlueSpruce

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
NY
We got the griffin survivor slim case and love them. I haven't dropped my phone yet. *knock on wood*

The survivor slim for the 4s was a different design, but kept my phone unscathed for three years.

The regular griffin survivor cases are on all of our iPads, and they're going strong. Our five year old drops the mini at least once a day. :eek:

malibuboats91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions! I looked at the Griffin all terrain and that looks huge!

We got the griffin survivor slim case and love them. I haven't dropped my phone yet. *knock on wood*

The survivor slim for the 4s was a different design, but kept my phone unscathed for three years.

The regular griffin survivor cases are on all of our iPads, and they're going strong. Our five year old drops the mini at least once a day. :eek:

Does the slim fit in jeans pockets?

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut
I'm waiting for the i-Blason ArmorBox. It's a lot less costly than an Otterbox. I like the Otterbox Symmetry case but don't care for their color choices...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M0RDHC4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

It's less costly but you get what you pay for. I ordered one for my iPhone 6 and holy rainbow effect under the built in screen protector. If your ripping out the screen protector it's a good case, if you plan on keeping it I'd get something else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.