Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anonymous4a

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
anyone not putting a screen protector on their iphone 6 ? I was thinking about it but don't want to lose the clarity of the screen. But I'm also worried if it might break or get scratches.. even though I have a case for it.

deaddog

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2010
I have never used a screen protector as far back as the iPhone 3G. I have never encountered a scratched or damaged screen.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
I have not put a screen protector on any of my previous iPhones (2G, 3G, 4, 5) and I don't plan on putting a screen protector on my 6 Plus when it arrives. I have never had any scratches on any of the screens.

The screen just does not scratch that easily.

mhdena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2009
Screen protectors prevent smudges and smears, especially the anti glare matte finish ones.

I will never be without one.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
I don't know if it's where I live (near the beach) or fairly active life style but I always am prone to micro scratches.

I am very careful with my phone but I do use it a lot when I'm out. Therefore I assume micro specks of dirt or sand might land on the screen and if I happen to swipe in that spot a micro scratch occurs.
These scratches are actually really hard to see. If you tilt your screen just right in just the right light you can see a very faint scratch.

For this reason I started using glass screen protectors on my 5 and 5s and now my 6. I could careless about the micro scratches on the protector because that can easily and cheaply be replaced.

Another reason to use glass screen protectors is the oleophobic coating. The stock coating for me wears away after about a year. With a glass screen protector when it wears away you can just replace the screen protector.

anonymous4a

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
I don't know if it's where I live (near the beach) or fairly active life style but I always am prone to micro scratches.

I am very careful with my phone but I do use it a lot when I'm out. Therefore I assume micro specks of dirt or sand might land on the screen and if I happen to swipe in that spot a micro scratch occurs.
These scratches are actually really hard to see. If you tilt your screen just right in just the right light you can see a very faint scratch.

For this reason I started using glass screen protectors on my 5 and 5s and now my 6. I could careless about the micro scratches on the protector because that can easily and cheaply be replaced.

Another reason to use glass screen protectors is the oleophobic coating. The stock coating for me wears away after about a year. With a glass screen protector when it wears away you can just replace the screen protector.

what screen protector do you use ?

ace198

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2007
Have no screen protector on with a Otterbox commuter case and it works great with my iPhone 5.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
what screen protector do you use ?

I've always used Bodyguardz Pure but with the 6 I'm thinking of switching it up. I have a cheap one on order from Amazon but I'm keeping an eye on the iLoome thread to see how others like it as it also covers the curve of the glass.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.