Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ivabign

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
Other than the fact that the 6 seems to sound better than my 5 - the new, larger memory is brilliant for taking among your music collection - I could be away from a computer for weeks and not listen to the same song twice!

The jump to 128gb was late in coming but much appreciated.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
I got the 64, so I can't load all 110GB of music on it, but coming from a 16 4S, even that jump has made loads of difference.

Yeah, first world problems, I know.

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
I've actually only loaded 21GB out of my 70GB library. I've started to use my storage for other things: catching up on TV series (15-20GB), comic books (15GB), random stuff. I've used 55GB or so currently on my iPhone after the initial load of all the content I knew I already wanted on it. I had a 64GB 6+ for two days and after I had loaded the exact same amount of stuff, I knew that I needed/wanted to go for the larger storage.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
I've actually only loaded 21GB out of my 70GB library. I've started to use my storage for other things: catching up on TV series (15-20GB), comic books (15GB), random stuff. I've used 55GB or so currently on my iPhone after the initial load of all the content I knew I already wanted on it. I had a 64GB 6+ for two days and after I had loaded the exact same amount of stuff, I knew that I needed/wanted to go for the larger storage.
Comic books? I could not read them on that small a screen. But I'm still a paper in hand guy when it comes to books and comics.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I'm really glad Apple decided to up the storage capacity to 128GB. It shows they still care about letting you store data on the phone instead of moving to a complete cloud strategy.

Storage in the cloud only works if you have a rock solid data connection. For those of us traveling and even often around town that's not always the case. Local storage is über important!

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
Comic books? I could not read them on that small a screen. But I'm still a paper in hand guy when it comes to books and comics.

Lol I thought so too, but I loaded a bunch from what I used to put on my old iPad and surprisingly they turned out to be really nice looking. The app I'm using, Comic Zeal, works very well with formatting and page turning (or advancement in double wide pages), so it usually isn't that hard to read. At the same time though, I'm fine with small fonts (always use the smallest font size on my iPhone), so it doesn't bother me as much as it could to someone else.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Not possible. Until they come out with a 500gb phone my 400gb of music will have to stay on my MacBook. I usually rotate about 5gb of music throughout the year. I don't listen to music on my phone much anyway unless I'm traveling.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
Lol I thought so too, but I loaded a bunch from what I used to put on my old iPad and surprisingly they turned out to be really nice looking. The app I'm using, Comic Zeal, works very well with formatting and page turning (or advancement in double wide pages), so it usually isn't that hard to read. At the same time though, I'm fine with small fonts (always use the smallest font size on my iPhone), so it doesn't bother me as much as it could to someone else.
I could see maybe an iPad. Maybe.
Granted, It's the last bastion of tactile hoarding in my life. So I still collect the physical versions. Those and Blu-rays.

munkydust

macrumors member
May 2, 2010
I ended up loading all of it on my 64 GB phone (have 22 GB left). Not my whole music collection, just the stuff that has been ripped from CD (5400 songs). So, this means I scroll and scroll and scroll when looking for something to listen to.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
128GB is perfect for not having to recycle the photo collection, and any "next-gen" apps that take up GBs of space.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
My library is too large to fit on any phone.

With that said. I can fit enough to be happy day to day on my 64GB.

I actually may get another 2.5 inch TB external and leave that filled in my car. Then for day to day new stuff just put on phone. Still debating long term strategy.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
I could easily fit all of my music on it (I have 64GB of music), but I intentionally left off songs that I just don't want on my phone.

----------

Thanks God for iTunes match.

Be careful with iTunes Match. I was going over my data limit using that service. That's why I opted for the larger storage solution.

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
I could easily fit all of my music on it (I have 64GB of music), but I intentionally left off songs that I just don't want on my phone.

----------

Be careful with iTunes Match. I was going over my data limit using that service. That's why I opted for the larger storage solution.

I only listen to it while driving.. So it's fine :) never went above 1gb/month

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.