Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
Which color would look best with the space grey variant? How is the protection with it?

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
I have the black model for my 6. Great looking case - simple and clean. Haven't had any issues so far. The bottom opening bothers some but I dont mind.

I've seen some post the brown on space gray and it looks good as well.

GrimmsGirl

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2013
Which color would look best with the space grey variant? How is the protection with it?

I'm loving mine. I got the red for a space grey. It's pretty thin and I doubt it will provide much protection other than scratch protection, and possibly dent protection in case of a short drop. The lip of the case sits above the screen, so I think it could be laid face down without worrying about the screen scratching. I put a glass screen protector on it anyway, and the sides of the case are still higher than that.

As for colors, I think the black, red and pale pink look the nicest with the space grey. The pink is more of a very pale pink champagne color, so not necessarily feminine.

slovan

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2014
Des Moines IA
I have the black case for my 6+. It looks thicker than it really is when it's on the phone but is thinner when looking at it alone. The case is sturdy enough to withstand most drops from counter height or less, don't ask me how I know. Anyway it looks good and feels good!

Cherish

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2014
Had the black leather case but the front lip is too large so you will feel it during swiping unlike the 5s leather case.

But the protection is better if you don't mind bulk. Feel is great.

Farrellcollie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
I have the blue leather on a gold iphone 6. I like it and don't find it too thick at all. I did put some leather wax on it to help waterproof it after seeing some bubbling on one that got wet.

GrimmsGirl

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2013
I have the black case for my 6+. It looks thicker than it really is when it's on the phone but is thinner when looking at it alone. The case is sturdy enough to withstand most drops from counter height or less, don't ask me how I know. Anyway it looks good and feels good!

Good to know. I sent my 5s flying the other day. Thank goodness it was in a case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.