Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

megalaser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Hi, I have a strange problem, I installed iCloud drive onto my Yosemite Mac, I checked it, all fine I dragged a file in and it uploaded it to iCloud drive all fine . . . then I wanted to make a link to iCloud drive on my desktop, so I went to the finder and dragged the iCloud drive icon from the sidebar onto my desktop . . . BUT instead of it dragging over a little animation appeared of iCloud drive exploding into a puff of smoke and now it's gone, nowhere to be found on my Mac, in the finder, in the list of drives - nowhere - it's gone!

impaler

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2006
USA
Hi, I have a strange problem, I installed iCloud drive onto my Yosemite Mac, I checked it, all fine I dragged a file in and it uploaded it to iCloud drive all fine . . . then I wanted to make a link to iCloud drive on my desktop, so I went to the finder and dragged the iCloud drive icon from the sidebar onto my desktop . . . BUT instead of it dragging over a little animation appeared of iCloud drive exploding into a puff of smoke and now it's gone, nowhere to be found on my Mac, in the finder, in the list of drives - nowhere - it's gone!

This is reported as a growing and frighteningly common problem. Thus why I'm sticking with Mavericks as long as I can. Apple has its work cut out on iCloud Drive.

megalaser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
iCloud drive is still installed on my Mac and works fine in a browser, this is a specific issue, it's there I am just asking if anyone knows how to access it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.