Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sfscott

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
I am opening a small business that has a couple of iMacs, a MBP, three iPads and a Mac Mini.

All of the devices are used for running a web app and iTunes. The business ops are run off of the web ap, and my personal machine is what I use to actually do work.

Is there a simple software package that will let me set all of a machine's configurations and AppleIDs? Right now, it is a PITA to have to remember login passwords, AppleIDs and passwords and everything else. These are shared machines by the way.

AppleID is relevant because without it, no software can be downloaded or updated. Ideally, I'd just like to assign the same AppleID to each machine or have one which can push out changes to all machines on the network.

I DO NOT need to do any file server permissioning, app deployment or security policy management.

loek

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2014
Colorado
I'd be interested too how other small businesses deal with this. Do people use their personal AppleID to manage OS upgrade for the Macs they use at work? Are there any rules or recommendations from Apple on this? Alot of companies are very focussed on their Windows infrastructure, but their Macs are an afterthought if even given any attention.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.