Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008

http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/29/first...-center-with-build-number-12b401/#more-344466

ByvMkTlCAAAXQLC.png

I guess I have to eat my words.

jmantn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Tn
I can't believe this.

Why on earth do we need a camera roll with iCloud photo library?

Tiptizzle

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
I can't believe this.

Saw someone trying to use a kiosk at the store to print pictures today. She didn't seem to be able to access all of her photos.

Alonso Quijano

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2013
I can't believe this.

The camera roll with iCloud photo library is now called "All Photos". Think of it as Camera Roll, but in the cloud. (Or just plain camera roll if you choose not to use iPL)

So in summary, iCloud photo library shows all photos in the cloud in the All Photos tab.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
camera roll, time lapse, slow mo

thats the way it should be, SIMPLE, organized, no massive wall with 542132 tiny thumbnails of ur images & a "recently added" folder that empties itself utterly useless when i go back 2 weeks later to find my last "recently added" photo..

please leave it alone now apple..(or add a toggle so whoever enjoyed the other layout can have it)

jmantn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Tn
The camera roll with iCloud photo library is now called "All Photos". Think of it as Camera Roll, but in the cloud. (Or just plain camera roll if you choose not to use iPL)

So in summary, iCloud photo library shows all photos in the cloud in the All Photos tab.

Thanks, haven't had time yet to load ios 8.1 as I am a dev but that was my concern as there wasn't a need if you had iCloud photo library enabled.

Thanks!

----------

Saw someone trying to use a kiosk at the store to print pictures today. She didn't seem to be able to access all of her photos.

Weird, I haven't tried that but I noticed with the betas you could "download" photos from iCloud photo library if you didn't have the full res saved on the device. Pics that weren't saved to device had an icon on pics. I haven't seen that since the GM but I also have it set to keep full resolution images on all my devices currently.

----------

Really? Not everyone uses iCloud, clueless...

Funny as you seem clueless with your response. Camera roll isn't being included for those with iCloud photo library enabled which was my concern that it was being added even for those with iCloud photo library enabled.

My post referred to someone who did use iCloud photo library... So not sure why those who don't would feel a need to respond.

Your post was neither helpful nor informative.

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2010
This is one of the best fixes for iOS 8! I was not expecting Apple to revert back to the Camera Roll, so this is a welcome surprise. They must've received a lot of complaints or support calls from confused users.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
So do photos need to be deleted twice again? In camera roll & in the Photos tab? Because that is annoying beyond belief if so.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Just me who thinks we're all beta testers as of late? Apple keeps changing things. Photo stream, iCloud Photo Library, recently added, camera roll. 'Missed' tab in notifications removed. Constantly experimenting with features and then removing them almost immediately is not good for user friendliness.

Padmini

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2014
Only for those of you that don't have iCloud Photo Library (beta).

For us, its called "All Photos" instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.