Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FragGalactic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
What do you think? http://www.oppomart.com/accessories.html

They look pretty darn similar. I wouldn't hesitate to try one, but the red and blue for the iphone 6 are sold out.

I came across these while ordering my 2nd Rock flexible TPU case. FWIW, I received the first one within a week of ordering.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
It's very possible that these are made from the same materials and molds as the Apple cases. It's also possible that they're total knockoffs with 1/100th of the quality of the official cases. For $10 it's not a big loss if they're crap. However, I don't know Oppomart, are they reputable?

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Considering the way the apple cases change color and such. To be honest I'd rather pay less for junk then $50. If I wanted it that is

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Doing a little digging, it appears that Oppomart is very much a questionable operation. I'm not going to bother buying cases from them, but if you do, use Paypal and be ready to dispute the charges.

FragGalactic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
Well, I went ahead and ordered the black silicone. I'm not really worried about getting stiffed as I've already had a speedy transaction with this company.

Matter of fact, of the several cases I ordered, Oppo shipped the quickest.

I'm still waiting (2 weeks later) for the Shumuri. And, I've all but given up on the Spigen after getting another email today apologizing for yet another 2 week delay.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
If it's $10 I don't think it's a huge deal, but I wouldn't give them my credit card number. Report back when you get the silicone case and let us know how it is.

newone757

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2011
First 10.000 go for free, just ordered one and payed for shipping only!

Trying to use Paypal and there is no place for a coupon code before submitting order. Did you pay with your credit card on the site to enter the code?

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I also notice the silicone ones list the colors in the description as clear, clear blue, clear gray, etc. I have a feeling these will look and feel nothing like the Apple cases at all.

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
funny that silicone cost more than the PU leather.

wait, did you guys read the description? half of it doesn't even match the product or does it?

"The new sleep technology with supporting APP providing stable intellegient sleep and wake-up mode.
Curved design fit the device perfectly, selection of imported glue, the adhesive strength can be used 300times.
Intelligent stand - Easy Cover will automatically turn on and off the display of iPhone 6 Plus, as well as hold it up like a kickstand."

gremond

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2010
How much was shipping and were you able to checkout through paypal?

2.99 Shipping. I entered the code below the shopping cart, before entering my paypal data. I was able to pay via paypal.

So, even though they sure won't be as apple cases.. it's silicone..and it's 2.99, I felt $35 was too much.

China's gonna be on holiday from October 1st to the 5th, so I hope they ship it before that..

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
They look pretty darn similar.

Of course they look similar. They're just stealing Apple's photos and retouching out the logo.

If they're willing to steal photos, the odds of their product (if they actually ship something to you) looking like the picture are pretty slim.

MGR32_AV1_SILVER

iphone6_case_leather_blue_large_1.jpg

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Of course they look similar. They're just stealing Apple's photos and retouching out the logo.

If they're willing to steal photos, the odds of their product (if they actually ship something to you) looking like the picture are pretty slim.

True, but then again the design is generic and not hard to copy. These cases most likely cost $1-5 to make for Apple - so it's possible these cases might be very similar, but I doubt the quality control for these cases will be great.

----------

What is the code?

OPMFR6 enjoy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.