Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alag28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
whenever im on a texting screen, and i cover the proximity sensor on the top, the screen shuts off.

Anyone else having this issue? In on 8.0.2 ios iphone 6

*FIXED* - under settings, messages, raise to listen was on. Simply toggle it off

Last edited:

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
whenever im on a texting screen, and i cover the proximity sensor on the top, the screen shuts off.

Anyone else having this issue? In on 8.0.2 ios iphone 6

That may be a sensor issue, I just tried and couldn't replicate. I would recommend going to an apple store and try to replicate it on another phone. If you can't, swap your phone.

Alag28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
That may be a sensor issue, I just tried and couldn't replicate. I would recommend going to an apple store and try to replicate it on another phone. If you can't, swap your phone.

Its weird because its only happening in imessage

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Its weird because its only happening in imessage

I still couldn't replicate, but I did find out that if you raise it like you're going to talk, it will record voice messages for the text. Cool feature I didn't know about. I would see the voice bar appear in the text bar. Did you see that?

Alag28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
I still couldn't replicate, but I did find out that if you raise it like you're going to talk, it will record voice messages for the text. Cool feature I didn't know about. I would see the voice bar appear in the text bar. Did you see that?

Yea its a feature under messages in settings

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.