Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matjamca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
St Helens, Merseyside, England
Samsung have issued a statement about the gap issues on the new Note 4.

Their official word is this...

"The reported issue does not impact the functionality or quality of the Galaxy Note 4. We assure our customers that all Galaxy Note 4 units meet our strict manufacturing and quality control standards"

This says it all really doesn't it :eek:

Source
GSMArena

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
So Samsung is even copying Apple way of putting out fire, deny everything.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
I wouldn't say Apple denied it. They openly referred to it as being rare and only affecting 9 customers. They even went out of their way to show the testing systems they use and said they will replace any affected devices.

I think the bigger point/moral of the story is that they shouldn't be taking a crack at their competitors when they can't get their Q/A right on their own devices. They need to be concentrating on making a better, more robust product then trying to take swipes at competition. Because this incident really makes them look foolish.

BL.

matjamca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
St Helens, Merseyside, England
I think the bigger point/moral of the story is that they shouldn't be taking a crack at their competitors when they can't get their Q/A right on their own devices. They need to be concentrating on making a better, more robust product then trying to take swipes at competition. Because this incident really makes them look foolish.

BL.

I couldn't agree more. Karma is a bitch!

mercuryjones

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2005
College Station, TX
I think that people need to go into their local Samsung kiosk or Best Buys and see how bendable the Note 4 is. Really put some muscle into it, folks. /s

Of course, I'm kidding. Don't break something that isn't yours to begin with.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I think that people need to go into their local Samsung kiosk or Best Buys and see how bendable the Note 4 is. Really put some muscle into it, folks. /s

Of course you are kidding.......following the same humor....they should go to an Apple store and bend as many iPhone 6+ as they can. Just to see which one bends easier. Of course I am kidding. Don't break anything that is not yours.......

But wait! Some have already done this!

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
I thought it was very telling that on launch day, Samsung sold a whopping 30,000 of their Galaxy Note 4. Evidently, it's not a blockbuster for the company at this point.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
What's the big deal? I have seen several Note 4's in person and for the life of me I can't figure out what gap they are talking about. I didn't try to stick a business card in there or anything. Heck I can fit a business card corner into the space between an iphone's button and the case, but who cares?

I have no idea why people are making a big deal about this. It does NOT affect functionality in the least, it doesn't compromise the integrity of the device or make it more susceptible to something like bending. Gahh, I totally understand the annoyance with bendgate, but this is just an exponential level of nitpicking.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008

No.. what they need to do is go to their local Samsung kiosk or Best Buy, take a blank business card, write or print out #GapGate on it, put it in the gap on the phone, and walk away.

No damage done that wasn't already there, and nothing destroyed or vandalized.

;)

BL.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
What's the big deal? I have seen several Note 4's in person and for the life of me I can't figure out what gap they are talking about. I didn't try to stick a business card in there or anything. Heck I can fit a business card corner into the space between an iphone's button and the case, but who cares?

I have no idea why people are making a big deal about this. It does NOT affect functionality in the least, it doesn't compromise the integrity of the device or make it more susceptible to something like bending. Gahh, I totally understand the annoyance with bendgate, but this is just an exponential level of nitpicking.

I'll agree that this should be a non-issue at this point. However, if in a few months there are significant reported incidents of dust/moisture beneath the glass, then it would be an issue. Until then, gimme a break.

This just smacks of someone trying to deflect attention away from Apple or towards Samsung. IMO, both of these 'gates' should not be receiving the attention they're getting.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
I'll agree that this should be a non-issue at this point. However, if in a few months there are significant reported incidents of dust/moisture beneath the glass, then it would be an issue. Until then, gimme a break.

This just smacks of someone trying to deflect attention away from Apple or towards Samsung. IMO, both of these 'gates' should not be receiving the attention they're getting.

The issue here is that Samsung actually put out ads for their phone, criticizing Apple for their issues with bending. This is definitely not a good thing to do, considering that they have issues with their own phone to begin with. They should be spending more time fixing their products (e.g., #gapgate, bash bug in their Smart TVs) than spending the money mocking their competition for issues with theirs.

Their conduct has been rather unprofessional.

BL.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
The issue here is that Samsung actually put out ads for their phone, criticizing Apple for their issues with bending. This is definitely not a good thing to do, considering that they have issues with their own phone to begin with. They should be spending more time fixing their phones than spending the money mocking their competition for issues with theirs.

Their conduct has been rather unprofessional.

BL.

What ads? Other than some tweets, the only 'ads' I've seen mocking bent iPhones have been created by individuals, not Samsung. If you've got a link to one, please share.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.