Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA

newone757

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2011
Love the idea, but there just too short.

Seriously.

I dont use power banks (if I needed to on a daily basis I's likely be looking for a different phone) so this isn't useful for me.

Wish they offered a full size version. I'm so tired of my apple cables deteriorating

Orangebl00d

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2014
Hello, I'm Brooks from PhoneRumble and dCables, the Creator on the Bendy Kickstarter.

Thanks @zmanbaseball2!

@boltjames: when we shot the video for the Kickstarter one of the video crew had a Lifeproof case and the Bendy cable fit into that case. The connector housing is 5.8mm tall and 10.1mm wide.

Thanks for all the support. I see we had 16 backers from this forum yesterday.

If any one has any questions I'll be happy to answer.

Uplift

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
UK
Nice but too short, i'm backing this one:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...cords-reversible-usb-charging-cords-iphone-an

The material looks like it will last longer than regular cable, it has reversible USB and comes in lovely designs.

7f1c1ec83b8ca23d2092a5a96a2e8095_large.jpg

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Hello, I'm Brooks from PhoneRumble and dCables, the Creator on the Bendy Kickstarter.

Thanks @zmanbaseball2!

@boltjames: when we shot the video for the Kickstarter one of the video crew had a Lifeproof case and the Bendy cable fit into that case. The connector housing is 5.8mm tall and 10.1mm wide.

Hey Brooks,
Any plans to make a longer cable? I love the design, but I don't have a use for a short cable.

Keep up the good work!

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey

Thanks @zmanbaseball2!

First thing I ever backed on Kickstarter. Good luck:)

Orangebl00d

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2014
Hey Brooks,
Any plans to make a longer cable? I love the design, but I don't have a use for a short cable.

Keep up the good work!

Hey TWO2SEVEN,

We're considering it and might look at a stretch goal for something around 12 inches. The issue is it's a very time consuming process to heat the silicone coating and still meet Apple's very strict guidelines for stuff like resistance.

By the way, please don't score too many points on my Horns this weekend. :cool:

----------

Doesn't look Apple certified....

I've talked with those buys in private message and they say their cables will be MFI certified. Those are nice looking cables if you prefer or need longer ones. We know many people do.

@rocknbloggger...THANKS a ton for the support.

Uplift

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
UK
I decided to back this as well, will come in handy keeping work desk clutter free.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Hey TWO2SEVEN,

We're considering it and might look at a stretch goal for something around 12 inches. The issue is it's a very time consuming process to heat the silicone coating and still meet Apple's very strict guidelines for stuff like resistance.

By the way, please don't score too many points on my Horns this weekend. :cool:

----------

I've talked with those buys in private message and they say their cables will be MFI certified. Those are nice looking cables if you prefer or need longer ones. We know many people do.

@rocknbloggger...THANKS a ton for the support.

I make no promises about the Longhorns :)

Thanks for the response!

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Nice but too short, i'm backing this one:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...cords-reversible-usb-charging-cords-iphone-an

The material looks like it will last longer than regular cable, it has reversible USB and comes in lovely designs.

They look just like every braided iPhone cable out right now: https://www.google.com/search?q=thr...=1280&bih=909#tbm=isch&q=braided+iphone+cable. The only thing special about those is that they are USB reversible. Not worth $25 IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.