Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Hours after Apple released a candidate golden master version of OS X Yosemite to developers and members of the public beta, the Cupertino company has begun asking developers to begin submitting their Yosemite apps to the Mac App Store. Additionally, developers can now submit their apps written in Swift to the Mac App Store as well.

yosemiteapps.png
Make sure your apps take advantage of all the great new features in OS X Yosemite, which will be available to millions of customers around the world later this fall.

Add powerful new functionality throughout OS X Yosemite with app extensions, explore the innovative new Swift programming language, and take advantage of advances in game technologies, Safari, iCloud, and more. To prepare your apps for the Mac App Store, download and build with the OS X Yosemite GM candidate and Xcode 6.1 GM seed from the Mac Dev Center. With the latest releases, Swift is now final and you can submit your Mac apps written with Swift to the Mac App Store.
The public release of the new OS is expected in late October and will include a redesigned interface and new features like Continuity, iCloud Drive and more.

Thanks Justin!

Article Link: Apple Asks Developers to Submit OS X Yosemite Apps to Mac App Store

darcyf

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2011
Toronto, ON
Anyone know if Final Cut Pro 7 will still work on Yosemite?

I'm a FCP X user but I still need 7 for certain projects/clients and it's still serviceably functional in Mavericks. Anyone on the beta testing side know anything about whether FCP 7 still works?

sshambles

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2005
Australia
Devs GM for Mavericks was out Oct 3, Public Release 22nd October.

Devs 'Candidate' GM for Yosemite was out 30th Sept, so yeah, 22nd October onwards.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1

I'm a FCP X user but I still need 7 for certain projects/clients and it's still serviceably functional in Mavericks. Anyone on the beta testing side know anything about whether FCP 7 still works?

Older versions of FCPX don't work on 10.10 so I doubt FCP7 will work. There is a way around it but you have to Show Package Contents in the Finder.

The fact we are getting close worries me because Dark Mode still isn't working on any apps. All it does is change the menu bar and dock black.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Older versions of FCPX don't work on 10.10 so I doubt FCP7 will work. There is a way around it but you have to Show Package Contents in the Finder.

The fact we are getting close worries me because Dark Mode still isn't working on any apps. All it does is change the menu bar and dock black.

That's all Dark Mode does. People were hoping it did all windows but that's not gonna happen.

Duane Martin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2004
Calgary, Alberta

I have been running Final Cut Studio 3 (which includes FCP 7.0.3) successfully in Yosemite though there are a few interface hick-ups, particularly with the new fonts (try using Share). I was having problems with QuickTime 7 exports in the latest Yosemite until today's Gold Master update; if it really was broken it seems to have been resolved. No guarantees everything is solid but I have spent several hours working in most Studio apps. Note I have not done any capture from tape or output to tape (not in my day-to-day workflow) so no promises there.

Of note through most of the Yosemite versions Adobe Suite apps would crash when quitting (perhaps coincidence, maybe just crashing as they normally do). What I found incredible was Avid Media Composer 8.1.0 has been working for me in Yosemite. When is the last time Avid Media Composer worked in the current OS, never mind a Beta?

Your experience may vary. This is not my work computer but rather a personal MBP 17" early 2011. I installed Yosemite Beta on day 1.

macbookfan

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2008

Thats all dark mode will be sorry to disappoint you.

Sonmi451

Suspended
Aug 28, 2014
Tesla
I just updated to the Yosemite GM seed – FCP7 still running. I'm beginning to think it'll never die.

Yeah a lot of people still use it. it's gonna be a few years. Rendering isn't great, but if you're using proxies, it works fine. Old, tested workflows die hard.

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006

thats all they said it would do to begin with. not sure why you expected otherwise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.