Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sotorious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
How long until it's released. Also am I able to downgrade back to ios7 to get a jailbreak

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
No jailbreak will be released (even if it were ready - which is unlikely) until AFTER Apple gets done releasing all these rapid-fire bug fix versions of the firmware.

No downgrade back to iOS7 is possible.

rhythmcontrol

macrumors regular
May 16, 2009
Desert hot springs, ca
Anyone knows about the http://www.safera1n.com/
Ios 8 jailbreakable?

I'm buying tomorrow through Paypal in case it's a scam I'm filing a refund petition. Love Paypal because of it anyone else have tried them?

atothendrew2424

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
Yea but I want it now not later so that's why I was gonna try it out if successful I'll show my iPhone 6 plus with cydia (let's dream ) :)

There is a very high possibility that Cydia and most other apps wouldn't even work. They need to be updated for iOS 8. Without an official Jailbreak, the developers aren't going to waste their time.

Source: Developer

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Isn't downgrading possible if you jailbroke on an earlier version? I know I used to be able to downgrade to iOS 5 and iOS 6 on my previous iPhone.

I believe that if you had the firmware saved, you could select it and restore to that particular version. Nowadays, it doesn't matter because Apple simply stopped signing all previous firmwares. Notice iTunes contact its servers whenever you update or restore.

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2004
About February to March would be suspected. They have to release 8.1 and 8.2 at least then maybe we'll get a jailbreak

td1439

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Boston-ish
Isn't downgrading possible if you jailbroke on an earlier version? I know I used to be able to downgrade to iOS 5 and iOS 6 on my previous iPhone.

It used to be that if you saved blobs, you could downgrade, but Apple changed the process so that blobs aren't enough.

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
Yea but I want it now not later so that's why I was gonna try it out if successful I'll show my iPhone 6 plus with cydia (let's dream ) :)

What is the point of having Cydia if no tweaks would work for iOS 8? Okay, maybe you can get f.lux and some themes working but they would look bad on your 6+ because of the lack of @3x graphics.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
not soon enough! Returned my 6 and 6 plus today. back to my JB 5S. The 6/6+ are horrible on iOS 8 and no JB.

Deliro

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2011
not soon enough! Returned my 6 and 6 plus today. back to my JB 5S. The 6/6+ are horrible on iOS 8 and no JB.

While I prefer my JB, what tweaks did you have that are such deal breakers by not having them on the 6? iOS8 has some pretty good features in it's SDK now and the screen on the 6's make up for my lack of having some minor tweaks (although I miss them).

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013

Did you pay for that jailbreak? If so, how did it work out for you? I have heard of others trying and getting error ID: TEN-T.

----------

What is the point of having Cydia if no tweaks would work for iOS 8? Okay, maybe you can get f.lux and some themes working but they would look bad on your 6+ because of the lack of @3x graphics.

The point is to have it jailbroken and ready for when the tweaks arrive as IOS 8 compatible.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
While I prefer my JB, what tweaks did you have that are such deal breakers by not having them on the 6? iOS8 has some pretty good features in it's SDK now and the screen on the 6's make up for my lack of having some minor tweaks (although I miss them).
Color profiles to get rid of the yellow tinted screen
Virtual home.
I love theming thanks to Schnedi.
Icaughtupro which has saved my phone before back in June.

I really liked my 6 And will def rebuy when the jaikbreak releases.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
No jailbreak will be released (even if it were ready - which is unlikely) until AFTER Apple gets done releasing all these rapid-fire bug fix versions of the firmware.

No downgrade back to iOS7 is possible.

I'm thinking they wait until at least 8.1 comes out and enables Apple Pay. I doubt they want to risk Apple fixing any holes before that.

Nonny Moose

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2014
Seems like the creators of this "Jailbreak" are making fun of the people who thought it would work.

ID: TEN-T -> ID10T -> Idiot

More information on this common error message: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_error#ID-10-T_error

I feel bad for the people that tried it but they should really know better.

:D That's funny.

On a more serious note (well, that's serious enough, I admit), what is the
consensus among those wanting to jailbreak iOS 8 as to the reasons for
doing so?

There are apps for customizing the desktop a bit, wallpapers and icons. The fonts can be changed in the menu, etc.

I'd like to be able to tear out some proprietary bloat and begin throwing in my own.

- Nonny M.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
safe to upgrade to iOS 8.1 rather then waiting for a jailbreak on 8.0x?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.