Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following in the footsteps of AT&T and Sprint, Verizon today announced a promotion to expand the amount data available through its MORE Everything plans.

Customers on the 12GB plan will now get 15GB of data for the same $110 per month, while customers on the 16GB plan will now get 30GB of data for $130. Verizon has increased available data across the board, delivering up to double the data for consumers at no additional cost.

verizonpricing.jpg
"We know that no matter how much data you have, it's only as good as the network it's on, and Verizon Wireless' network is second to none," said Ken Dixon, chief marketing officer at Verizon Wireless. "We know our customers -- from families to businesses -- crave more data to help them keep up with their busy lifestyles, and these new promotions, together with other offers like our industry-leading trade- in program, give them even more during the month of October."
Customers will be able to get the expanded MORE Everything plans beginning on October 2, with customers able to sign up through October 31.

Article Link: Verizon Offers Double the Data for 'MORE Everything' Plans

Last edited:

Fortimir

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
It's just mind-boggling how overpriced mobile data is. Period. When do you think that bubble will burst? Remember when texts used to be like $0.50? I know that the cost on texting is essentially zero since it piggybacks on the tower ping, but there's got to be a point where data becomes reasonable.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Attention all carriers:

Please stop leaving two line families in the dust. We like deals too.

sputnikv

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2009
network "congestion" my ass. look how quick they are to offer more when they look comparatively bad

Monique1

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2014
If someone would've told me 20 years ago that my phone bill would approach the cost of a car payment I'd have laughed them out of the room. :(

Of course I also predicted nobody would ever pay $1.29 for water in a cheap plastic bottle.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
It's just mind-boggling how overpriced mobile data is. Period. When do you think that bubble will burst. Remember when texts used to be like $0.50? I know that the cost on texting is essentially zero since it piggybacks on the tower ping, but there's got to be a point where data becomes reasonable.

The way it's going now. Carriers will just keep doubling data every year or so. Verizon did it last February. I expect something similar to happen in 2015.

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
This should not be a limited time promotion. This should be their new standard pricing plus they should double the data for all plans across the board -- not just for those currently paying for 15 GBs.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Verizon has increased available data across the board, delivering up to double the data for consumers at no additional cost.

Have they doubled it across the board though? Looks like it starts at 12GB, and my plan is 3GB. I just got a free 1GB for reupping my contract with the iPhone 6 Plus, so it's at 4GB now. Does my tiny plan make me a dinosaur? I thought that all these companies were capping unlimited plans at 5GB because "99% of users don't go over 5GB and the ones who do are destroying the network".

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
Just the way it is now. These devices are far to popular. Until the madness dies down, this is how it's going to be. Granted they will up the data caps, but clearly a move to get more families on and people off unlimited data.

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
My extended family (all 6 of us) have iPhones, and we share 4GB of data per month. We have never gone over. Our bill is $320 per month.

I guess we get no deal. We need to spend $400 to get a deal. Got it.

aajeevlin

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2010
My extended family (all 6 of us) have iPhones, and we share 4GB of data per month. We have never gone over. Our bill is $320 per month.

I guess we get no deal. We need to spend $400 to get a deal. Got it.

Wow you guys don't use data AT ALL. With me I'm watchful of my data usage, and I still use close to 1GB a month. We have 8 people on our data plan.

Are most of your relatives older? The four older relatives on my family plan tends to use about <500 MB total.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
It's just mind-boggling how overpriced mobile data is. Period. When do you think that bubble will burst? Remember when texts used to be like $0.50? I know that the cost on texting is essentially zero since it piggybacks on the tower ping, but there's got to be a point where data becomes reasonable.
Doesn't seem like 1 or 2 years ago I was paying Verizon almost $90/month for 2GB of data for my iPhone (that I couldn't tether with), and then paying them another $30/month for 2GB of data for my iPad. So $120 for 4GB of data.

Nowadays, $115 gets 15GB of data?

Looks like the bubble has already slowly started to burst.

rGiskard

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2012
Meh, an improvement, but still monopolistic pricing.

For $150/month, there should be no bandwidth caps. If that causes congestion, it's because the telcoms need to funnel a tad more revenue into infrastructure.

aajeevlin

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2010
Doesn't seem like 1 or 2 years ago I was paying Verizon almost $90/month for 2GB of data for my iPhone (that I couldn't tether with), and then paying them another $30/month for 2GB of data for my iPad. So $120 for 4GB of data.

Nowadays, $115 gets 15GB of data?

Looks like the bubble has already slowly started to burst.

I like this assessment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.