Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MajorDanby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2014
Hi all,

Any help would be great.

For some reason when installing new programs, the installer windows pop up in a foreign language and I have no idea why. This also happens for the dialogue box that asks me to enter my password. Please see an example below:

1zpoao0.jpg

I have tried resetting my PRAM (Option + CMD + P + R on startup), and then resetting my language (sudo languagesetup) but this doesn't seem to work.

However this gives me the following error message:

Code:
Warning: NSBundle NSBundle </System/Library/CoreServices/Language Chooser.app> (not yet loaded) was released too many times. For compatibility, it will not be deallocated, but this may change in the future. Set a breakpoint on __NSBundleOverreleased() to debug

Any ideas what I can do?

Many thanks.

SaSaSushi

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2007
Takamatsu, Japan
It is Japanese. What version of OS X are you using? What is the primary language in System Prefs > Language & Region? Is Japanese on the list of preferred languages?

Finally, what are you trying to install when this appears?

MajorDanby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2014
Sasasushi,

Thanks for your help, your post has helped me figure it out. I had British English selected, however because American English was lower down the last than Japanese it was obviously defaulting to that when they was no British English text contained within the applications. I've now swapped the two around and it appears to be working.

Cheers!

drsox

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2011
Xhystos
Sasasushi,

Thanks for your help, your post has helped me figure it out. I had British English selected, however because American English was lower down the last than Japanese it was obviously defaulting to that when they was no British English text contained within the applications. I've now swapped the two around and it appears to be working.

Cheers!

Mine just says English. British English is a different setting, just as are Australian English and US English. I've never had an issue installing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.