Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hamiltonrwatch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
slightly right of left
Ordered this one in "Sydney Morning" the day I received my 6+. I hear great things and am anxious to see if they live up to the hype.

Anyone else waiting for theirs?

Attachments

• CalypsoCase_book-odprt-orange_2048.jpg
    CalypsoCase_book-odprt-orange_2048.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 1,095

Knliebe

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2014
Have you emailed them on ETA? I ordered the cabrio version about 1 week after the 6 came out and they told me to expect mine to ship in about 2 weeks. so i'm guessing yours ships in a week.

Please post pictures and a review when you receive it.

jackwins

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
I ordered a Cabrio 6 days ago. I'm afraid I have another couple of weeks to wait.:(

Please post pics when you receive yours.

hamiltonrwatch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
slightly right of left
Have you emailed them on ETA?

No, and its been an exercise in self-control:D.

I'm afraid I have another couple of weeks to wait.:(

Here's hoping it's worth the wait. I wanted something different this time around; $149.00 + 13.00 in shipping + the 4.00 & some change my bank charged for processing the international transaction = almost $167.00. I spent more for this case than any of the Vaja's or Piel Frama's I've owned. Let's just say it better WOW;)

And yes, I will most definitely post when it arrives along with my impressions.

chillstatus

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2008
Los Angeles
I've been very satisfied with their products. I've owned two cases from them for the previous form factors 4/4S and 5/5S. They were the pouch/sleeve form factor. I think you guys will be happy.

I usually end up using my phones naked now and only just picked up an apple leather case in midnight blue to use until the indigo from my raw jeans stops bleeding on my silver 6. I basically had to wipe the blue off multiple times a day.

Lyn2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
Here's hoping it's worth the wait. I wanted something different this time around; $149.00 + 13.00 in shipping + the 4.00 & some change my bank charged for processing the international transaction = almost $167.00. I spent more for this case than any of the Vaja's or Piel Frama's I've owned. Let's just say it better WOW;)

And yes, I will most definitely post when it arrives along with my impressions.

Your post has made me feel better about my €120 Piel Frama case on order.:D

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
I am hoping they put up some actual photos of the cases soon so we can see how they loo

Last edited:

hamiltonrwatch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
slightly right of left

Lyn2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
$152.00 US? Ouch:eek:

Does that at least include the VAT?

Yes, total price including shipping. I nearly ordered a Vaja case but that would run the risk of being stopped by customs (as from outside the EU) and incurring 20% VAT (on price + shipping costs) plus £8 collection fee added. I just hope the Piel Frama case is worth the high price when it arrives in a few weeks time.

hamiltonrwatch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
slightly right of left
I just hope the Piel Frama case is worth the high price when it arrives in a few weeks time.

I think you'll be very pleased. I've owned four of them and was very impressed with the quality, fit, and durability of each and every one. Too, you Europeans really know how to package a product to make it look like a present!

The first one I purchased for my iPhone 4 still looks pretty darn good after four years:)

TheSacredSoul

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2010
Thanks. That would be in line with their 3-4 week delivery estimate. Wishful thinking it might come sooner ;)

I ordered it a day after the 6/6+ was announced, September 10. October 8th would be exactly 4 weeks. According to Manca their PR manager, the first shipment will be shipped out next week or the week after. So anyone hoping for early shipping, do yourself a favour and get a cheap alternate case first. I got a soft gel kinda case for 10 bucks.

hamiltonrwatch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
slightly right of left
So anyone hoping for early shipping, do yourself a favour and get a cheap alternate case first.

Done & done. I picked up a Midnight Blue Apple leather case to tide me over.
I ordered on the 19th and most likely will be in the second batch shipped; not
an issue as they plainly state a 3-4 week shipping time. But I can dream, can't I? :D

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
Hoping to see some real photos this week! I emailed them last week for some photos and they said they were working hard to get some ready... so I presume this week there will be some actual shots of the case hopefully.

Knliebe

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2014
Hoping to see some real photos this week! I emailed them last week for some photos and they said they were working hard to get some ready... so I presume this week there will be some actual shots of the case hopefully.

Same here. The people who ordered their cases when the phones were announced should expect their phones to ship by the end of the week, as that would be week 4 for them.

hamiltonrwatch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
slightly right of left
According to Manca, when I asked about the mechanism used to keep the Book closed;

"CalypsoCase Book cover stays closed when you need to be. It just clicks and you have full protection for your iPhone. But do not worry when you need it its easy to open."

magic...:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 3,996

hamiltonrwatch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
slightly right of left
Maison Takuya cases are available now w/ 3-6 weeks wait time... through this interior design place: http://www.halehboutique.com/fashio...phone6-maison-takuya-german-shrunkencalf.html

They use some awesome materials like German leather, Ostrich, Stingray, Crocodile, Lizard. I used to have one of their wallets, the quality is amazing. Now I want one of these too :confused:

"Each Alligator skin delivered to Maison Takuya is tested for surface imperfections and potential holes, in a systematic and merciless process."

I know I feel better having my alligator skins tested mercilessly:D

But seriously, that's some serious ***** there; love the ostrich!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.