Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thesmallelder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
There's an iPhone 6 available for pick up at the Apple Store near me. I only see an option for ATT Next for 12 or 18 months. If I select this, when I go to pick it up at the Apple Store, will they allow me to pay full price for it? I'm having trouble finding a good answer to this.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
You should be able to pay up front whatever amount you'd like, up to full MSRP.

appleii.c

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2013
I'm not sure if you can pay it off at the store (or if there is even a store pickup option) but if you do next, you can pay off the balance anytime. You would only need to pay the taxes up front.

ZhenyaF

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
From what I've seen on this forum - its up to each individual store. I think you should call the store to see if they can answer that for you

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
If you use Next, you can't do a pick up in the store :(
I don't understand Apple's check out process with next. You go all the way to the last step to place the order, AFTER selecting the Next option. The page has the warning about can't do store pickup with next purchase. Nice waste of time there Apple.

thesmallelder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
This is what I found out:

You can only do in-store pick up with 2-year contract extensions.

ATT Next orders need to be done in store.

No-contract phones need to be purchased in-store as well.

I just paid full price for an iPhone 6, but I had to buy it in the store. The whole process did not take longer than 10 minutes though.

mademan118

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
I bought 2 ATT iP6+ via next pick up at apple on 9/21. Returned and re bought week later outright.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.