Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
What is going on with this metro pcs ad on the mobile site? It comes up every time I load a new page on the forum and I swipe it down to get rid of it is there a way to close it?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
From the FAQ

What do I do about annoying ads?
MacRumors uses an advertising service that supplies ads from a pool. We do not select the specific ads shown or the specific advertisers who participate.

If you find a particular ad especially annoying (e.g., an ad that is oversized, obscures the page, moves around, or has sound), let us know by posting a screenshot in our Site and Forum Feedback forum and telling us the URL it links to. Using this information we can ask to have it removed from the ad pool.

If you find all ads annoying, remember that ads support the site and allow us to provide free news, rumors, and discussion, and that ads are suppressed for paid members. See How do I contribute to MacRumors.com? above.

skratch77

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2013
This site is messed up with the new metro add using chrome and mobile mode.I can't click on anything and the site freezes and hangs and then you scroll the add but even after you see it you can't click on anything and nothing works right.

Even me replying to this post was impossible in mobile mode because of the add.

varsityhero

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2013
This ad is so annoying and makes me not want to visit the forums.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 248

Neil1138

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2008
The metro pcs ad is probably the most annoying ad I've experienced on a smartphone. It loads on every single page and makes browsing the site unpleasant. Please remove it

technopimp

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
The metro pcs ad is probably the most annoying ad I've experienced on a smartphone. It loads on every single page and makes browsing the site unpleasant. Please remove it

Agreed. I understand the need for ads, but this is one of the most intrusive ones I've ever seen.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Almost as bad as the VoiceFive ad on the man site.

I find that scrolling it down when it appears is more effective.

B

SPNarwhal

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2009
illinois
I don't mind ads, but this one is ridiculous. I actually came to this section just to complain about it, and found that there's already been a thread made about it. (I never come to this section)

This ad comes up while you're scrolling down the forum, and you have to scroll if all the way back down to get rid of it. Don't want to associate this forum to an inconvenience like this. Please get rid of it.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
This is probably the worst mobile site ad I have ever seen. It's huge, blocks tons of content and can't easily be dismissed.

I don't even live in a MetroPCS market.

Seriously guys, this ad needs to be revised and be less ignorant.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Is this as still showing up?

I don't see it

noodle654

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2005
Never Ender
Please get rid of this thing. MR is now impossible to navigate without it constantly appearing everytime the page refreshes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 193

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Get rid of scrolling ads or close your website! NO ONE WANTS IT!!!!!

This is the worst I've ever seen. No one would click the banner on purpose. I'd rather pay than have to view ads!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.