Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Consumer reports says the M8 bent with the same force as the iPhone 6, yet every other video shows the M8 being unbendable with bare hands.

So which is it? Does it bend with 70 lbs of force or is there something else going on?

In my opinion, I think the Consumer Reports test was flawed somehow.

According to Consumer Reports, the iPhone 6 Plus is the strongest out of the iPhone 6 and HTC One M8, but it seems to me that people are bending the iPhone 6 Plus the easiest out of the iPhone 6 and HTC One M8.

I saw the original #bendgate guy try and bend an iPhone 6 and he BARELY made a dent. He also tried bending the HTC One M8 and couldn't get it to budge.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
The bend issue is pretty played out already.

The forum & moderators are burnt out of endless threads on the same issue.

What else is there to say really?

vgamedude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2013
Consumer reports says the M8 bent with the same force as the iPhone 6, yet every other video shows the M8 being unbendable with bare hands.

So which is it? Does it bend with 70 lbs of force or is there something else going on?

According to Consumer Reports, the iPhone 6 Plus is the strongest out of the iPhone 6 and HTC One M8, but it seems to me that people are bending the iPhone 6 Plus the easiest out of the iPhone 6 and HTC One M8.

I saw the original #bendgate guy try and bend an iPhone 6 and he BARELY made a dent. He also tried bending the HTC One M8 and couldn't get it to budge.

I also thought that was weird. Ive never heard complaints of the m8 being fragile or anything either.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan

force being applied by a machine and force being applied by hands are two different things.

Wadd

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
^^ exactly.. there is more leverage on the bigger iPhone... and less on the 6 and M8

If you see the guys trying to bend the M8, it succeeded in poping out the screen...

POLBOSS

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2008
I sold my iPhone 5S to buy a M8... just to try something new while the iPhone 6 came out... I don't have the m8 anymore... The only complain that I have about the M8 hardware is the 4 megapixels camera... The M8 is elegant and solid... I always carried in my pocket without a case... Had it for almost 5 months, no bending or things falling apart... if the M8 was an iPhone 6 it would be a perfect iPhone... I sold it because overall I don't like android...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.