Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aaron.H.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
Germany
When I finally received my new iPhone 6 after way too long of a wait (preordered 12th September, shipped on 2nd October) I was extremely happy with it.

That changed quite suddenly a few moments ago. When I had a quick look at my phone, which was in the original Apple Leather Case since I got it, I noticed it having a slight bend but wasn't sure if it was the case or the phone. So I took the phone out of the case and what do you know.... it's bent. Ever so slightly, but definitely noticeable. I've uploaded a picture so you can see for yourselves. It's also very clear in the picture that it bends upwards, not downwards, which I think is weird since all the other iPhones had an downward bend (I think).

I only had it in my front pocket for at most 2 hours since the day it arrived (YESTERDAY).
As you might imagine I'm quite upset. I'm going to contact Apple asap tomorrow (it's 10.30 pm here) to find out what I'm supposed to do.

I'd just like to know if any of you have the same problem with your iPhone 6 (not plus).

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    784.2 KB · Views: 2,095

c.kwon

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2014
When I finally received my new iPhone 6 after way too long of a wait (preordered 12th September, shipped on 2nd October) I was extremely happy with it.

That changed quite suddenly a few moments ago. When I had a quick look at my phone, which was in the original Apple Leather Case since I got it, I noticed it having a slight bend but wasn't sure if it was the case or the phone. So I took the phone out of the case and what do you know.... it's bent. Ever so slightly, but definitely noticeable. I've uploaded a picture so you can see for yourselves. It's also very clear in the picture that it bends upwards, not downwards, which I think is weird since all the other iPhones had an downward bend (I think).

I only had it in my front pocket for at most 2 hours since the day it arrived (YESTERDAY).
As you might imagine I'm quite upset. I'm going to contact Apple asap tomorrow (it's 10.30 pm here) to find out what I'm supposed to do.

I'd just like to know if any of you have the same problem with your iPhone 6 (not plus).

I have a plus and yea mine's actually more bent than yours. I think yours is quite fine actually; I can hardly see it, maybe cause it's dark on my screen. Well, if you put in an official complaint, you may just be the 10th person to actually report a bent phone (not!) according to apple.

NativeTxn

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2013

Is it?

I have had no issues at all with my iPhone 6 and I keep it in my pocket frequently.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Looks like it's been dropped at some point.

If you zoom in, there's a scuff mark right by the volume button "ding", and a white scuff further down (right) on the edge of the display.

mercuryjones

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2005
College Station, TX

It's barely noticeable in the pic. Good luck on getting it replaced. Also, be sure to thank the internet for making even a slight bend something that needs to be replaced.

Aaron.H.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
Germany
If you look at the lower volume button, you can see the bend.

I agree, could be a factory defect.
The thing is that it's just annoying that this can and does happen every once in a while...

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle

If you zoom in, there's a scuff mark right by the volume button "ding", and a white scuff further down (right) on the edge of the display.

Looks dropped to me, too, but who knows at this point... It may well just have bent from...something.

SeanZy

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
It's barely noticeable in the pic. Good luck on getting it replaced. Also, be sure to thank the internet for making even a slight bend something that needs to be replaced.

Well a slight bend is completely unacceptable if it is happening on it's own because of a manufacturing issue.

Every year there seems to be some fatal flaw with the iPhones that affects people, and everyone who doesnt have these issues blow them off as if they arent a big deal.

Sorry, but if someone is buying a device that can cost upwards of 1000 dollars, it should be perfect.

Aaron.H.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
Germany

It wasn't dropped, thats just a reflection from the overhead lights.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
Well a slight bend is completely unacceptable if it is happening on it's own because of a manufacturing issue.

Every year there seems to be some fatal flaw with the iPhones that affects people, and everyone who doesnt have these issues blow them off as if they arent a big deal.

Sorry, but if someone is buying a device that can cost upwards of 1000 dollars, it should be perfect.

I agree that any manufacturing imperfection should be reason enough for an exchange.

c.kwon

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2014

Nice physic analysis, I've formulated it for you.

dropped phone now bends phones. Dropbend gate.

Aaron.H.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2014
Germany
Did you bump against something while it was against your leg buddy?

Be honest now...

You know, I think of myself as someone who is honest when it comes to defects with devices. I work at an Apple Premium Reseller myself, i know how annoying people are who hide obvious self damage...

But in all honesty, I didn't bump against, drop or try to purposely bend anything.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012

I can't even tell if that's bent lol, I have a iPhone 6 (4.7 inch model) and mine is flawless, perfectly fine.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
You know, I think of myself as someone who is honest when it comes to defects with devices. I work at an Apple Premium Reseller myself, i know how annoying people are who hide obvious self damage...

But in all honesty, I didn't bump against, drop or try to purposely bend anything.

Take it back for an exchange then. It's probably a factory defect, if it's even bent. Hard to tell from how you staged that photo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.