Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors' FAN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
Dear friends,
I have a problem: my father would like to sell his MacBook Pro Retina late 2013 15-inch uploaded at 10.9.4 (I don't know why but he prefer Linux to Mac). So he said me: <<How can I delete everything of my Mac and restore it at factory settings (I want to make impossible undelete everything)?>>.
Paul Washer

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Dear friends,
I have a problem: my father would like to sell his MacBook Pro Retina late 2013 15-inch uploaded at 10.9.4 (I don't know why but he prefer Linux to Mac). So he said me: <<How can I delete everything of my Mac and restore it at factory settings (I want to make impossible undelete everything)?>>.
Paul Washer

Hold command-option-r when booting to get to Internet recovery. When the recovery screen comes up use Disk Utility to erase the entire drive to Mac OS Extended. Then quit Disk Util and click reinstall OS. Once the install it done and the machine reboots to the steep screen just hold down the power button to power it down.

This will leave it with nothing on the drive but the OS that came from the factory.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.