Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theanimala

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
Using safari on my iPhone has almost made Macrumors forums unusable. EVERY time I go to a new thread it back to the main I have a painful ad that has to scroll all the way up before I can move. I have safari set to block pop ups, any ideas?!?

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
I agree, it's a very annoying type of ad. When I see it start to rear its ugly head I immediately scroll it back down.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
Sure:
1) let them know your displeasure in the "site and forum feedback" section - https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/site-and-forum-feedback.66/

2) use a web browser (i.e. iCab mobile) that has a built in adblocker

3) use tapatalk as mentioned above

4) deal with the non-mobile version

Remember that Apple warning about non-Safari browsers, they may log information and give information to the company that you may otherwise not want them to know.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Remember that Apple warning about non-Safari browsers, they may log information and give information to the company that you may otherwise not want them to know.

Yeah, and make sure you don't use messaging apps either since they might steal your text conversations! Or VoIP apps because they might be recording you! Or scanner apps because they are keeping your documents on a server and looking at them! Or password apps transmitting all your passwords! Or...

At a certain point people need to take off the tin-foil. Pretty much EVERY app in the AppStore is a potential threat if people think this way :rolleyes:

Btw... source link of Apple actually quoted saying that? Couldn't find anything via Google and highly doubt they would since 3rd party browsers are simply skinned versions of Safari.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.