Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
I like the wrap around glass of the new iPhones and the loss of the chamfered edge on the front. I wonder if the new iPads will adopt this look. I know its not likely this time around. But most likely it will adopt the look next year. I just hate that the ID of the two items aren't in sync. I don't like the fact the iPad is always behind the iPhone for features and looks you know its going to eventually get.

I didn't buy one last year because they omitted the Touch ID.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
Well they're surely getting the TouchID this year. As far as looks, if it doesn't look like my 6+ it's not the end of the world.

osofast240sx

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2011
I like the wrap around glass of the new iPhones and the loss of the chamfered edge on the front. I wonder if the new iPads will adopt this look. I know its not likely this time around. But most likely it will adopt the look next year. I just hate that the ID of the two items aren't in sync. I don't like the fact the iPad is always behind the iPhone for features and looks you know its going to eventually get.

I didn't buy one last year because they omitted the Touch ID.
Yes. There are some pictures on Mac rumors of the new chassis.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I hope so

I definitely like the form factor on the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. Since I'm still under contract (one more year to go) I wasn't able to get one this year. I'd be thrilled to see a new iPad with the same physical look of the new iPhones. Throw in a larger screen and I'm in :)

justin216

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Tampa, FL
I think it's a foregone conclusion the iPad design is evolving after all the promotion they did over the 6 and 6 Plus design with curved glass, rounded edges, etc. I figure it'll fall between the current Air design and the 6/6 Plus design.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.