Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Wanted to know if I just have bad luck when it comes to cases.

I bought a midnight blue (absolutely lovely) for an iPhone 6. When I put the case on and grabbed the phone I could feel a little space between the case and the phone on the sides. It's very slight but you can feel that's it's not hugging the phone 100%. That's not to say there isn't any movement. But when you do put slight press on the sides of the phone (like a firm grip). You can feel the case kinda pressing in and making contact with the phone when it should be like that originally.

I tried that with two leather cases and found to have the same issue. Thinking whether I should go silicone?

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Odd. I guess I'll go for number three tomorrow. Not sure why I'm having such a hard time finding a perfect fitting case.

idyll

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Yes! Same issue with my midnight blue on the iPhone 6.

Had an iPhone 6+ with the brown leather case and that one fit much much better and seemed to be stiffer leather, while this midnight blue feels softer.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Yes! Same issue with my midnight blue on the iPhone 6.

Had an iPhone 6+ with the brown leather case and that one fit much much better and seemed to be stiffer leather, while this midnight blue feels softer.

Hi idyll,

Glad I'm not the only one going crazy. What did you decide to do? Are you switching to another color? It's unfortunate because the midnight blue is such a lovely color. The loose feeling though is kind of a deal breaker.

idyll

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
I'm looking to go back to the 6+ and will try to get a midnight blue leather case in that size at that point.

If I cant, I'll probably live with this. It's not perfect but it's good enough for me.

I just definitely noticed the fit coming from the brown leather case, which was very tight and perfect. The midnight blue is definitely looser and I can feel it "creak" when I form a tight grip, as you mentioned.

theturtle

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Apple Leather Case Fits Loose?

Concur. My fathers brown leather on this plus feels solid. No give at all. The two midnight blues I had so far have been less than satisfactory when it comes to fit.

Trying to figure out if I should give it one more go. I mean it is a really nice case. Or go silicone. Issue is with the silicone, there might be some problems when it comes to the convenience of putting it in and taking it out of pockets.

Edit:
Op did you get yours from Montgomery mall? I ask because both my blues came from there. I'm thinking about going down to Columbia or Georgetown. Chances are it'll be the same but maybe they'll get s different batch?

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
I bought mine from Bethesda row and Montgomery. I agree about the silicone issue. Might try my hand one last time tomorrow. The blue is too pretty to pass up.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
Fits nicely, not so tight that the phone may break, but it fits just right.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Apple Leather Case Fits Loose?

My previous brown leather fit well and so does the new red silicone one.

Last edited:

mrdm

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2010
Had the same issue with the Apple black leather case for my 6+. Exchanged it for another Apple black leather case and now the fit is perfect. The manufacturing tolerances on these cases seem to be hit or miss. It annoyed me enough to exchange and if it is bothering you I would suggest the same.

iKrl

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
I have the black leather case and it feels loose on my 6. A friend has the 6 Plus with the black leather case and it fits perfectly.

ama0219

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Greensboro, NC
Mine for my 6 fit loose and was starting to wear badly after 5 days. I took it back for the silicone case and couldn't be happier. My fiancé has the leather case for his 6 plus and doesn't have that issue at all.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Hi idyll,

Glad I'm not the only one going crazy. What did you decide to do? Are you switching to another color? It's unfortunate because the midnight blue is such a lovely color. The loose feeling though is kind of a deal breaker.

Mine is midnight blue and fits perfectly, so it's not color specific.

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
First midnight blue leather case I tried was not snug on right side--could feel the irritating sensation of the phone's side rubbing against the case. Second midnight blue and olive brown had no issues.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Wanted to know if I just have bad luck when it comes to cases.

I bought a midnight blue (absolutely lovely) for an iPhone 6. When I put the case on and grabbed the phone I could feel a little space between the case and the phone on the sides. It's very slight but you can feel that's it's not hugging the phone 100%. That's not to say there isn't any movement. But when you do put slight press on the sides of the phone (like a firm grip). You can feel the case kinda pressing in and making contact with the phone when it should be like that originally.

I tried that with two leather cases and found to have the same issue. Thinking whether I should go silicone?
Sounds like they are imperfect units. I have an Apple leather case for my 6 Plus, and it fits very well. In fact, it's so tight I'm afraid of bending my phone when I take it in and out of the case.

I would try to exchange for another case of the same type and see if it still happens. The silicone cases will definitely fit more consistently, but just be sure you like the texture of the silicone case before you decide to switch.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
I'm wondering when the point is that the case, if it did fit properly, would loosen up here in very hot and humid South Florida.

EVERY silicon case I have owned has gone through the loosening stage within a few months. Currently using one of the Pelican armor cases and love it.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
The black apple leather case I had for my 6 was a tad loose and one of the sides had a gap. However, the same black leather case for my 6+ fits snug as a glove.

Subjugator

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
I have black on my 6+ and it fits nice and snug. I even take my phone in and out quite a bit and it still fits great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.