Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

airlied

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
My iPhone 6+ home button seems loose. Touch ID function is still fine and scans my finger very quickly buy when I put my finger on it I can feel it moves down and up a little bit ( I swear I didn't press it). Just got this phone for less than one week. Sorry for not posting pics I don't think a picture can demonstrate such issue.

Anyone?

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
I don't have that issue with mine, but I'm sure there are some with that problem. It may be within spec.

TheUnforgiven

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2014
I have the 6 Plus Space Gray. It's a tight Home Button. Click very high. My mom's 6 Minus has a softer click.

aamoren3

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
I had this same issue with my iPhone 5. I had a sort of pre-click click when I pressed it down or even just lightly touched it.

Flash forward to 2.5 weeks ago and my new iPhone 6 had a perfect home button... but an unevenly backlit screen. I took it to Apple yesterday and they were happy to replaced it.

Now, low and behold, my white box replacement has a loosey-goosey home button that does the same thing. :mad:

Note: mine is silver

pcubed18

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
Airlied because every space grey iPhone whether the 5s or now 6 has had this issue. I ordered a new 6 to test and it's worse than the first one. I ordered a silver and no problem and same with gold. I don't know why but for me this issue is space grey only.

coelhood

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2014
Airlied because every space grey iPhone whether the 5s or now 6 has had this issue. I ordered a new 6 to test and it's worse than the first one. I ordered a silver and no problem and same with gold. I don't know why but for me this issue is space grey only.

Wow! I had the same "problem" with my old space gray 5S and now with my space gray 6+. For those who are extremely demanding, it's cumbersome.

Curiosity: I've bought a gold and a silver 5S and the buttons aren't loose. The same thing with a silver 6+. So I believe this is normal and only happen in space gray models.

Zitro

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2011
My iPhone 6 home button is really loose as well. I have a gold one. The color doesn't matter as it's showing up on multiple sites within all models.

Reactions: Distantskunk

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
My home button has been perfect for a month but today for the first time when I push it it seems like it wants to stick. Push a little harder I feel a click and it works fine. I don't like it feeling that way.
Anybody else have a sticking home button? It stays in a holster. NO liquids ever anywhere close. I've got a 64 GB iPhone 6, 4.7 in space gray.
What a fantastic phone! Darn home button...

Mcano8

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2014
iPhone 6

Is it normal for the home button on the iPhone 6 to move a little when you place your finger and move it around? Other than that the button works well. Is it something I should worry about?

TigerMSTR

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2014
If it's moving enough that you're concerned it will fall out, take it to an Apple Store and see what they can do.

And please don't go there if the button is moving 100 micros or something stupidly small like that.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I had this same issue with my iPhone 5. I had a sort of pre-click click when I pressed it down or even just lightly touched it.

Flash forward to 2.5 weeks ago and my new iPhone 6 had a perfect home button... but an unevenly backlit screen. I took it to Apple yesterday and they were happy to replaced it.

Now, low and behold, my white box replacement has a loosey-goosey home button that does the same thing. :mad:

Note: mine is silver

This proves that home buttons can be different and are not all the same. This does not mean it is defective, it just means it can vary from one device to another.

Ardmanz

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2013
I have a space grey and mine is intermittently lose.

Most of the time is solid, it will be lose for a day or 2 then it will be solid again.

Everything still seems to work okay.

Suspended
Oct 14, 2014
This proves that home buttons can be different and are not all the same. This does not mean it is defective, it just means it can vary from one device to another.
Good try, but no.
Home buttons are not designed to be loosey after you open the box. Maybe after 6 months :rolleyes:

In my opinion, apple should reverse reachability and multitasking taps. It would not help if the home buttons are defective but multitasking would stress the button less.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Good try, but no.
Home buttons are not designed to be loosey after you open the box. Maybe after 6 months :rolleyes:

In my opinion, apple should reverse reachability and multitasking taps. It would not help if the home buttons are defective but multitasking would stress the button less.

Where do you read that home buttons can't be "loosey" when you open the box.:rolleyes: I have no worries about "stressing" my home button. I simple use my phone and enjoy it. You should try it, too!:eek:

You can obsess over it or let it go and not worry about it.

Out of all your possessions, is your phone the most important one to you?

Suspended
Oct 14, 2014
Where do you read that home buttons can't be "loosey" when you open the box.:rolleyes: I have no worries about "stressing" my home button. I simple use my phone and enjoy it. You should try it, too!:eek:

You can obsess over it or let it go and not worry about it.

Out of all your possessions, is your phone the most important one to you?
I disagree with you and the best you can do is pretending to know me? Anyway, I will go ahead and say the phone is the only thing I have in my lonely, really bad life.
EDIT: Yes. I also do not enjoy it, as you seem to imply.

Where do you read that home buttons can't be "loosey" when you open the box
Of course they can, but it is called defect. Most iphones have solid home buttons when brand new and eventually they will get loosey the more you use the button.
Let me ask: where do you read that a loosey home button on a new phone is not a defect? I followed the thread, and you jumped to this conclusion right after aamoren3's post:
I had this same issue with my iPhone 5. probably due to heavy use
My new iPhone 6 had a perfect home button normal home button
My white box replacement has a loosey-goosey home button that does the same thing. not normal home button
What exactly does this post prove in your brain?

Last edited:

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I disagree with you and the best you can do is pretending to know me? Anyway, I will go ahead and say the phone is the only thing I have in my lonely, really bad life.
EDIT: Yes. I also do not enjoy it, as you seem to imply.

Of course they can, but it is called defect. Most iphones have solid home buttons when brand new and eventually they will get loosey the more you use the button.
Let me ask: where do you read that a loosey home button on a new phone is not a defect? I followed the thread, and you jumped to this conclusion right after aamoren3's post:

What exactly does this post prove in your brain?

We seem to be really angry today.;)

Suspended
Oct 14, 2014
I bet you did not meat angry people yet. Anyway, typical reply from a person that has no arguments but still thinks he is right. Time to move along.

xyz2610

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2014
had the exact same problem for about two weeks, magically disappeared though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.