Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Romy90210

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
I just bought a Moto 360 and boy what a mistake i made.:confused: I hear people complaining about the Apple Watch not being round and being too bulky.. But man this watch is thicker than my iPod Touch 5 Gen... :eek:

Chodite

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2007
Baltimore, MD
I had been in the market for a larger-faced watch. So when I saw this thing announced, I was excited. Now that I own one, I couldn't be happier. Sorry you're not enjoying yours. Hopefully you still have your receipt.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I just bought a Moto 360 and boy what a mistake i made.:confused: I hear people complaining about the Apple Watch not being round and being too bulky.. But man this watch is thicker than my iPod Touch 5 Gen... :eek:

I actually thought it was going to look thicker based on pictures. The first time I saw it at best buy, I was surprised b.c it was thinner than I expected :)

Romy90210

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
I actually thought it was going to look thicker based on pictures. The first time I saw it at best buy, I was surprised b.c it was thinner than I expected :)

I still think its not thin enough for a watch.. I will be returning mine tomorrow morning...

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I still think its not thin enough for a watch.. I will be returning mine tomorrow morning...

Have you owned any prior smart watches? Do you normally wear a watch? I use to only wear very thin leather strap watches. My first watch was a pebble and it felt huge, at first. Now that I have had it for nearly 2 years, it just feels right. That could also be why it feels large. Side note, I have very small wrist.

Romy90210

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Have you owned any prior smart watches? Do you normally wear a watch? I use to only wear very thin leather strap watches. My first watch was a pebble and it felt huge, at first. Now that I have had it for nearly 2 years, it just feels right. That could also be why it feels large. Side note, I have very small wrist.

No, this is my first smart watch and my wrist is as small as it get.. This thing just look way too big on my wrist.. Don't get me wrong i like the way it look and much of its functionalities. I wish it was a lot thinner and maybe a lil bit smaller.:confused:

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Let's see, there is a Qi wireless charging coil, battery, touch sensors and electronics, frame and lens/display. How thin do you think it should be?

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
No, this is my first smart watch and my wrist is as small as it get.. This thing just look way too big on my wrist.. Don't get me wrong i like the way it look and much of its functionalities. I wish it was a lot thinner and maybe a lil bit smaller.:confused:

Gotcha. If you don't need a touchscreen and just need notifications give pebble a look.

Last edited:

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Do we know how thin the Apple Watch is? The Moto360 is 11.5mm thick. Are we thinking the AW will be iPhone 6 thin?

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Do we know how thin the Apple Watch is? The Moto360 is 11.5mm thick. Are we thinking the AW will be iPhone 6 thin?

Looks very thick to me, I doubt it will be iPhone 6 thin or even close. Who knows though, maybe the models they used were just small.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.