Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I can see the full moon right over my house. Clear skies too.

It's not gonna turn into the blood moon for 3 or 4 more hours and I wish I could stay up and pull out my old camera gear and do the full monty on this but alas I am too worn out.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
I saw the eclipse waning on my way to work this morning. It was touch and go if we'd even get a chance to see it due to clouds. It was pretty cool, too bad I had to control my car and didn't have a real camera with me or I'd have tried to grab some pictures.

vkd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2012
Eclipses are very inauspicious. Knowledgable and cultured people close their doors and curtains and stay inside to keep away from the harmful effects.

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
Eclipses are very inauspicious. Knowledgable and cultured people close their doors and curtains and stay inside to keep away from the harmful effects.

Indeed, noisome vapors are known to emanate from eclipsed bodies. Best hang garlic and horseshoes around the cottage and pray to Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Old Muley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Titletown USA
I am constantly being skunked when it comes to astronomical events. Every meteor shower, northern lights display and eclipse in the past few years has been totally obscured by clouds.

vkd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2012
Indeed, noisome vapors are known to emanate from eclipsed bodies. Best hang garlic and horseshoes around the cottage and pray to Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Yes, you are right. Everybody has free will and can do just whatever they please. "On your head be it."

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I am constantly being skunked when it comes to astronomical events. Every meteor shower, northern lights display and eclipse in the past few years has been totally obscured by clouds.

...same thing has happened to me as well. I saw a lunar when I was little. Had the opportunity to see a solar - or at least a partial, I don't remember - but didn't catch it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.