Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oppressed

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Looking at the invitation sent out today for the iPad event next week it simply says "It's been way too long". Unless I'm missing something it's missing creative thought behind it like past invitations. For example the pattern used for the iPhone 5 invitation was elongated iOS icons to signify the longer screen. Or the iPad 3 (retina) iPad invitation was along the lines of "We have much more to show you". So unless Apple is making a shorter iPad then is this just more of a catch line?

I just miss trying to decode their messages.

AppleP59

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2014
Wait until the 16th before you say there's nothing to decode.
Sounds like you aren't trying hard enough (Or trying too hard)

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
Looking at the invitation sent out today for the iPad event next week it simply says "It's been way too long". Unless I'm missing something it's missing creative thought behind it like past invitations. For example the pattern used for the iPhone 5 invitation was elongated iOS icons to signify the longer screen. Or the iPad 3 (retina) iPad invitation was along the lines of "We have much more to show you". So unless Apple is making a shorter iPad then is this just more of a catch line?

I just miss trying to decode their messages.

It's simple. A month after the new iPhone released, Apple finally realized they made the dang iPhone 6 Plus way too long, so they are releasing an updated, shorter version. :apple::cool::apple:

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
When you look at it, several things come to mind. The tag line says that "it's been way too long" Well here are my thoughts....

Considering that the iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro have all had Retina displays for quite awhile now, maybe the Retina iMac will be unveiled. "it's been way too long for the iMac to not have a retina display".

It's been a very long time since the MacMini had a decent upgrade, "It's been way too long since we updated the Mac Mini, so now here it is"

Apple TV, It's been way too long since this product had a significant update, so perhaps a new Apple TV will be announced.

We know the iPad and iPad mini will be updated, Perhaps it's been way too long since they updated the internal memory boards and the new iPad Air will heve the 2MB update that is rumored.

It's been way too long since the announcement of Yosemite, and now you can finally get it.

Awhile back they "updated" the iWork apps to work seamlessly with the iOS and MacOS, well maybe they will announce the update that will bring back all the functions that were lost when they made that move. Just took longer than expected.

Then again as a previous post indicated maybe they realized the iPhone 6 Plus is just "way too long" <smile>

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2007
I think everything about the Apple keynotes as of the past few years has been pretty unmagical. Especially the one this week, even Tim Cook & co. all looked and sounded like they were bored and ashamed of the weak product updates this fall. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.