Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
I disabled showing any of the music on iCloud and went to:

Settings -> General -> Manage Storage -> Music -> Delete All Songs..

Even though music says "No Data" When I go to my music app I have 16 songs...

How can I get rid of the rogue songs?

Last edited:

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Even though music says "No Data" When I go to my music app I have 16 songs...

How can I get rid of the rogue songs?

Open music app -> click 'songs' on the bottom -> swipe left and press 'delete' on each song you want to get rid of.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Open music app -> click 'songs' on the bottom -> swipe left and press 'delete' on each song you want to get rid of.

I swiped from right to left, there is no 'delete'...
I just downloaded a song I had already purchased from itunes, I see it in music. When I swipe right to left, I see the "Delete", but for those rogue songs, there is no "Delete" that appears..

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
I had this happen when I clicked to play songs that were in the cloud (from iTunes Match). Choosing delete from settings didn't remove them, nor did I have the option to swipe->delete the songs. This only happened to songs for which I didn't explicitly click the download button. I haven't found a solution yet.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Hrm...

Have you tried settings - itunes & app store -> show music : off?

Yes. That is how I saw the rogue songs.

----------

I had this happen when I clicked to play songs that were in the cloud (from iTunes Match). Choosing delete from settings didn't remove them, nor did I have the option to swipe->delete the songs. This only happened to songs for which I didn't explicitly click the download button. I haven't found a solution yet.

I managed to delete it! Heres to others having this problem.

I don't use match either, but I was able to delete the songs by turning on show all songs (including ones from cloud) redownloading the songs I already had (even though there were duplicate rogue songs listed). After the duplicate/rogue songs were finished downloading, I changed my settings to show "only songs on phone and not from cloud). I was then able to do the swipe delete that Hal mentioned.

Apple sure could have made this easier and less glitchy. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.