Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
I am looking at getting the Dyson DC65. Anyone have it? Anyone else recommend other vacuums for comparisons?

Colombianito

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2012
I have it. I love it. Bought it when I bought my house. It still amazes me how much dog hair it sucks up. I find it funny on commercials for other vacuums how they always compare it to the Dyson. Kind of tells you something about it....

If you can afford it, get it.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Nothing beats a Kirby. I've been using the same one for almost a decade. Rock solid, lots of suction.

+1 on this.

I thought all vacuums were the same until my wife's roommate showed me her Kirby. For that one to be nearly 12 years old at the time and was still picking up shedding dog hair from 2 German Shepherds and a Yellow Lab impressed me enough to get one for my wife and I when the roommate moved out.

No longer do we need to rent a carpet shampooer or hire carpet cleaners to come in and steam clean the carpets, when the Kirby can do that as well as vacuum.

BL.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Had the Dyson for a year. Love it. Wish we'd bought it years ago.

Particularly love how it comes apart so easily for cleaning/de-hairing :) It's rather an engineering marvel. Extremely well though out.

The dog hates it of course - but then don't they all:

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

quagmire

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
I went ahead and got the DC65 Multi floor. Thanks for the help everyone.

Face Ache

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2011
Oz
We had an old Dyson with a motorhead, which we loved.

When it finally died we bought a new Dyson with a "Turbo" head (not the motorhead) and it was the worst vacuum we've owned. Overpriced and useless. Sold it on eBay after a year of swearing at it.

Now we have a Hoover with a powerhead - as good (if not better) than our old Dyson.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.