Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dry-fly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2014
First off, I'm posting this in hopes of getting some advice on how to move forward with Apple on this....frankly I have a head time believing what they are telling me.....So,

After waiting over a month, my 6 plus arrived from China this last Friday. I immediately opened it, set it up and started putting a screen protector on it.....that's when I noticed it. It's "bent". Where the volume buttons are, there is a distinct curve. I about crapped, I've read about bentgate, etc....but I thought that was people proving how flimsy the 6plus was by intentionally bending it. Mine CAME that way.

After sitting on the phone for a full hour with Apple, they made two offers. Wait a month for another 6plus or have a 6 sent to me in 3-5 days. Waiting another month is BS, they should have found one somewhere and overnighted it to me. As it is I decided to take the 6. I promptly sent an email to Tim Cook out of frustration......a long shot, I know. I have heard he actually reads customers email though.

So what do y'all suggest, did I do the right thing. I really wanted a 6plus, but there's no way I can go a month before a replacement arrives.
Suggestions? BTW, I'd post a pic, but it's so slight it really doesn't show up. I tried.

mercuryjones

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2005
College Station, TX
First off, I'm posting this in hopes of getting some advice on how to move forward with Apple on this....frankly I have a head time believing what they are telling me.....So,

After waiting over a month, my 6 plus arrived from China this last Friday. I immediately opened it, set it up and started putting a screen protector on it.....that's when I noticed it. It's "bent". Where the volume buttons are, there is a distinct curve. I about crapped, I've read about bentgate, etc....but I thought that was people proving how flimsy the 6plus was by intentionally bending it. Mine CAME that way.

After sitting on the phone for a full hour with Apple, they made two offers. Wait a month for another 6plus or have a 6 sent to me in 3-5 days. Waiting another month is BS, they should have found one somewhere and overnighted it to me. As it is I decided to take the 6. I promptly sent an email to Tim Cook out of frustration......a long shot, I know. I have heard he actually reads customers email though.

So what do y'all suggest, did I do the right thing. I really wanted a 6plus, but there's no way I can go a month before a replacement arrives.
Suggestions? BTW, I'd post a pic, but it's so slight it really doesn't show up. I tried.
So, the bend is so slight, that the camera doesn't pick it up, but your eye can?
Seriously, is this what we've come to now, thanks to "bendgate"?
Apple stock is different from replacement stock. If you are so concerned about an imperceptible "bend", make a Genius appointment and take the phone to your nearest Apple store. However, now that you settled on an iPhone 6, you might be out of recourses.

Learylvr.

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2011
Why couldn't you use your bent 6+ until the new 6+ arrives?? I would've used the 6+ that has a bend and wait for the replacement in the mail. I think you will regret taking the 6, and not waiting for 6+ replacement.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I'm not saying it's not the truth but I want to see these people who says their phones are bent. Everyone never uploads a picture since it's so slight to see. If you see it then a picture will pic it up as well. But thats a hard choice. I had to 6 and you don't want to settle for that.

tritron

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2014
Maybe factory workers have to wear new iphones 6+ in their pents before boxing.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains

Odds are they could have found a replacement and sent it to you in a couple of days but that takes a wee bit of effort. Something that seems to be in short supply at Apple lately.

What I would recommend is get something in writing from them that you can safely use the "bent" 6+ till your replacement comes in. Don't go with the 6.

oXoHELENoXo

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
united kingdom

I'm also annoyed got my iPhone 6 today , set it up and as soon as I go to type my wifi password I hear this weird noise like a cracking/static from the loud speaker also can't make calls as that speaker Is making a weird noise, well it turns out the speakers are broke and I now have to wait 3-4 days for the Apple Store to get them in

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
I'm also annoyed got my iPhone 6 today , set it up and as soon as I go to type my wifi password I hear this weird noise like a cracking/static from the loud speaker also can't make calls as that speaker Is making a weird noise, well it turns out the speakers are broke and I now have to wait 3-4 days for the Apple Store to get them in

Post a demo of your problem on Youtube. Sounds like something people will want to hear to see what you mean. Because there are trolls (not saying you are) that will post bad stuff about Apple to discourage people from buying, I'm afraid proof is needed.

oXoHELENoXo

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
united kingdom
Post a demo of your problem on Youtube. Sounds like something people will want to hear to see what you mean. Because there are trolls (not saying you are) that will post bad stuff about Apple to discourage people from buying, I'm afraid proof is needed.

hi I understand what your saying, ive posted a video heres the link http://youtu.be/xLnsu5jWYyY not sure it you will have to click it or copy and paste it . in the video you can also see the red line going from the clock icon to the bottom corner when I move the heart app

deaglecat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
OP...

When you placed your order on the Applestore, did you remember to uncheck the "Pre-bend my iphone before delivery" option ?

.... thought not. :p:p:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.