Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
So i originally started with the iPhone 6 that I picked up the Monday after release date, up until Thursday I had the device and then traded someone for the Plus. I am eventually wanting to put AppleCare on the device. Me and the guy I traded with exchanged receipts, but where I gave him a receipt, he gave me his online pickup confirmation. Will this be a problem when I am wanting to put AppleCare on it?

I have the device registered to me under my Apple Support Profile.

roberthodgson

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
Should not be a problem, stop by an apple store so they. An check out the phone or order via phone but don't wait to long as you have a limited time to buy apple care plus

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Should not be a problem, stop by an apple store so they. An check out the phone or order via phone but don't wait to long as you have a limited time to buy apple care plus

Yeah I know I had 60 days from the purchase date, I was going to do it this week or next. Just didn't want it to be a issue when and "if" I had to go in for a repair, I know sometimes they make you show proof of purchase. I will stop by the Apple store this week and find out or call.

bizack

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009
Yeah I know I had 60 days from the purchase date, I was going to do it this week or next. Just didn't want it to be a issue when and "if" I had to go in for a repair, I know sometimes they make you show proof of purchase. I will stop by the Apple store this week and find out or call.

I returned a defective iPhone *to* the Apple Store and it was replaced with a new one. I didn't return the AppleCare I originally purchased. I had to submit three forms to Apple in order to transfer AppleCare over (original proof of purchase of the original phone, original proof of purchase of AppleCare, original proof of purchase of the replacement phone).

I'd do this sooner than later. The new owner of your old phone technically owns the AppleCare associated with that device.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I returned a defective iPhone *to* the Apple Store and it was replaced with a new one. I didn't return the AppleCare I originally purchased. I had to submit three forms to Apple in order to transfer AppleCare over (original proof of purchase of the original phone, original proof of purchase of AppleCare, original proof of purchase of the replacement phone).

I'd do this sooner than later. The new owner of your old phone technically owns the AppleCare associated with that device.

Well AppleCare wasnt purchased on neither device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.