Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jan 20, 2003, 10:07 AM   #1
coolbreeze
macrumors 65816

Did I get as good a deal as I think I did?

Hi everyone,

I am a lifetime Windows user and have decided to switch to Mac. After combing eBay for several months, I ran accross a great deal on a Powerbook last night. I purchased it and can't wait to get it.

It is a Powerbook G4 800Mhz, airport card, 768 RAM, 40 Gig, basically all the bells and whistles the Ti Powerbook includes. Also, it has Virtual PC, Office X, Final Cut Pro, and loads of other premium software included (all are legit).

As an added bonus, the seller threw in a 5GB iPod and carrying case (for the Powerbook).

The ONLY downside I can think of is it doesn't have Jaguar on it, but when you hear what I got it for, you'll understand why I don't have a problem buying Jaguar.........I got all of this, shipped, for $1,670!!

My only concern is the processor is a bit outdated, but I could not justify letting this deal go (200 mhz, superdrive, and 20gigs more are not worth the extra $800-1000 to me).

So did I get a good deal? The seller is rock-solid (I was on the phone with him hours after the auction) and I trust him totally. He was honest about everything and has sold high ticket items such as laptops on eBay before.

What do you think?
coolbreeze is offline   0
Old Jan 20, 2003, 10:19 AM   #2
jelloshotsrule
macrumors 601

you got a great deal... assuming it goes through

welcome to the mac, i hope you aren't getting screwed.....
Old Jan 20, 2003, 10:20 AM   #3
Nipsy
macrumors 65816

Assuming you paid in a protected way, and actually get the items, you got a rockin' deal.

The software is only legit if it includes the media/licences/transfer of license, etc.
But then again, whereas Apple is being run by a brilliant marketer with the uncanny ability to bend people to his will, Gateway is being run by a man perfectly willing to go on television and show the world that he solicits business advice from a talking cow...
Nipsy is offline   0
Old Jan 20, 2003, 10:46 AM   #4
Kid Red
macrumors 65816

Sounds good.

Please tho, be descriptive in the title concerning the forum (ie-hardware, etc)
Kid Red is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers