Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arftech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
pretty damn good when playing music! To get my library to fit on my phone (128 gig model) I had my all albums down converted to 256 kbps but the DAC in the phone sound sweet and warm but not harsh. Anybody know what DAC they have installed? Hopefully, the future incarnation (sp) of the iPhone will have the ability to play high resolution audio files and maybe iTunes could be upgraded for HRA too. Introducing a 256 gig model would be nice for people like me who like to have their media on one portable device.;)

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
I didn't notice too much of a difference from my iPhone 5s and according to iFixIt/Chipworks I was correct; the 6 Plus uses the same DAC. Which phone did you use before the 6?

arftech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
I didn't notice too much of a difference from my iPhone 5s and according to iFixIt/Chipworks I was correct; the 6 Plus uses the same DAC. Which phone did you use before the 6?

This is my first iPhone and I'm coming from a BlackBerry Storm. It's been a long and miserable relationship with the Storm as I've been waiting a long time for Apple to release a large screen phone!

In the past, I've used iPods and Touches as my portable media vault but I don't remember them sounding as good as this.

Bomb617

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2012
SoCal
Anyone compare the iPhone 6+ to iPod classic, to me, the classic is still sounds the best when I convert some of my music to lostless format...

cornerexit

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
I tried 256 MP3's and had to go to Apple Losless to get the sound quality I expect. I can easily tell the difference between the two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.