Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
The vibrate on my 6 is almost non existent. I can feel it if I'm sitting and its on my leg but not even on a table right next to me. Anyone else have a weak vibrate? I know the 5 had a strong and even loud. Just wondering. I may have to try a different pattern. I love how it doesn't rattle though like the 5 did.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
I find the vibrate in the Plus louder than any previous iPhone vibrate but not very noticeable feel-wise. So, yeah, I guess I agree with this. It's less of a vibrate function and more of a buzzing sound, which is kind of the opposite of what it's supposed to do.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
I find the vibrate in the Plus louder than any previous iPhone vibrate but not very noticeable feel-wise. So, yeah, I guess I agree with this. It's less of a vibrate function and more of a buzzing sound, which is kind of the opposite of what it's supposed to do.

I have a 6 and don't feel it unless it's right on my leg. And can't hear it on table. Just very soft.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
The vibrate on my 6 is almost non existent. I can feel it if I'm sitting and its on my leg but not even on a table right next to me. Anyone else have a weak vibrate? I know the 5 had a strong and even loud. Just wondering. I may have to try a different pattern. I love how it doesn't rattle though like the 5 did.

I have a 6 and don't feel it unless it's right on my leg. And can't hear it on table. Just very soft.

I do not usxe vibrate very often but when I did it was much softer than previous iPhones I have owned.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR

I can't speak for the 6 as I don't have one but the Plus seems plenty loud, which is actually kind of problematic. I wish it was quieter but more vibrational so I could feel it more readily. Sounds like the same deal more or less on the 6. It vibrates, but it doesn't seem to shake the chasis much.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
I can't speak for the 6 as I don't have one but the Plus seems plenty loud, which is actually kind of problematic. I wish it was quieter but more vibrational so I could feel it more readily. Sounds like the same deal more or less on the 6. It vibrates, but it doesn't seem to shake the chasis much.

I agree. It doesn't shake it much.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
My iP6 vibrates loud enough with the ringer OFF to wake me up, and the damn thing is under a pillow. I find that to be problematic - my sister called very early this morning. Grrrr.

Ke1ington

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
I've noticed this on my 6 too. A little disappointed because it was perfect on my 5s and I kind of depend on getting my texts in a timely manner while being at work and not being able to have the ringer on.

Not enough to push me into going back but an issue nonetheless.

james92se

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Dallas, TX
My iPhone 6 Plus vibrate is so loud I'm forced to turn it off at work because all the constant loud buzzing is annoying and I'm sure bugs other people in my office. It's annoying to me because I must have my phone on silent, and the buzzing is so loud it defeats the purpose of the vibrate, so then I'm stuck checking my phone for notifications all day.

The actual sensation of the buzz is fine to me and I have no problem noticing it in when it's in my pocket though.

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Seems like some get loud hard vibrates and others get the opposite. I guess it just depends on what your needs. My phone seems to be perfect otherwise so I'm just going to try other patterns and see if that will help.

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
I'm getting complaints about the intense vibration of my 6+ If I leave it on my desk when I return people say it's too loud.

Wow you'd think they'd use the same vibration motor in both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.