Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I have an Office 365 subscription and have Mac 2011 installed. I get the following error message with several of my email accounts. And when the message comes up, I click ok and all is fine for a while, and then the issue repeats itself. My account passwords have been entered correctly.

"The server for account "Yahoo" returned the error "Autologout timer; idle for too long." Your username/password or security settings may be incorrect. Would you like to try re-entering your password?"

Anyone know how to resolve this? Very frustrating to have this happen several times a day on several of my accounts. Happens on Yahoo, iCloud, and Comcast.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
I am also getting the following error as well albeit not as often as the other one.
I have triple checked my user name and password and all is correct.

"The server for account "Comcast" returned the error "Zimbra IMAP server terminating connection." Your username/password or security settings may be incorrect. Would you like to try re-entering your password?"

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
I continued having problems with Outlook asking for the password to my accounts all the time. As noted previously, I checked the settings and made sure everything was accurate. After getting more frustrated and checking the keychain entries again to make sure the passwords were entered and correct, I decided to run KeyChain First Aid. And after it ran, it noted that every keychain entry for Outlook 2011 needed to be repaired. I allowed it to repair the email keychain entries and haven't had a problem since.

Just wanted to give a heads up to those who continue to suffer from Outlook 2011 asking for the password all the time, that this may provide a remedy for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.