Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
So is there a reason why my standby time goes up, while I am using the phone?? Like right now I am at 2 hours and 30 minutes of usage since my last charge, I am using my phone obviously right now typing this, at the end of this post both my usage and standby time went up another 2 minutes, and my standby time goes up, even when I am using my device...is something wrong?? Is that suppose to happen, standby time going up even while I am using the device actively??

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Standby will always go up the moment you unplug your phone whether you have you are using it or not. Once you plug it in, and it's fully charged it will reset back to 0. Rinse repeat.

However the Usage part should only go up is you are using your phone. If your Usage also goes up when the screen is locked then something is running.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
However the Usage part should only go up is you are using your phone. If your Usage also goes up when the screen is locked then something is running.

Yep. I really wish Apple would have 3 categories of battery life usage statistics: Standby, Usage, and Screen On Time. So many times people post "Oh man my battery life is amazing!" when really they simply had the screen turned off an were playing music for 2 - 3 hours...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.