Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsf721

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Li, NY
I see a 5S for sale that is jail broken. If I reset to factory setting will it revert back to an un-jail broken state and run as new or is ti trashed forever as far as restoring the operating system.

I do not want a jailbreoken phone.

Thanks,

dopeman

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2014
I see a 5S for sale that is jail broken. If I reset to factory setting will it revert back to an un-jail broken state and run as new or is ti trashed forever as far as restoring the operating system.

Thanks,
unlocked for good.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012

Thanks,

Restore and the jb is gone

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA

Thanks,

If you reset it to factory settings using the feature on the phone then you will mess up your phone. The best thing to do is to use iTunes to restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.