Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple service providers will apparently soon be responsible for offering post-sales support for Beats headphones and speakers, reports Greek blog techingreek.com. The news comes from an internal memo dated today alerting official service providers to upcoming contract changes and future training documents regarding Beats products, and Apple's own retail stores will undoubtedly offer similar levels of support.

beatsheadphones.jpg
This move to support Beats music hardware is a necessary part of Apple's broader integration of Beats' products and services into the Cupertino company following the recent merger of the two companies. Apple is stocking its online and retail stores with Beats products and also is expected to overhaul and rebrand the Beats streaming music service early next year.

Apple acquired Beats Electronics and the Beats streaming music service earlier this year in a deal worth roughly $3 billion. As part of this merger, Apple gained a popular line of headphones and music accessories, a streaming music service, and the combined talent and music industry connections of Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre.

Article Link: Apple Notifies Service Provider Network of Upcoming Support for Beats Products

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
In B4 all of the Beats Haters!

This is good news only because Apple's support is uncanny.

On a more personal note, I'm deciding whether or not to wait for a new Apple inspired Beats update or to just go ahead and take the plunge and grab a model now.

The Bose in-ears I have now are great, but I wouldn't mind more bass, and to judge the headphone for myself instead of listening to the pure trash that people spout about headphones that that actually sound rather nice on display.

Last edited:

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Do they still sell their own in-ear headphones? I was hoping they'd be updated someday but maybe they'll just start selling Beats branded stuff.

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Hello tech support? My headphones must be broken, I paid $200 and they sound like crap.

This joke is old

Fact is, Beats (or Bose) headphones are miles better than whatever POS your smartphone/media player OEM includes in the box.

Why didn't apple by Klipsch?

Because they didn't have a music streaming service that Apple was ultimately after.

Also Klipsch make some of the flimsiest headphones money can buy.

Especially the S series

Last edited:

Lennholm

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2010
Warranty Procedure:

1. Throw broken headphones in trash
2. Order new headphones

P.S. That's nothing against Beats in particular, it's just how electronics these days are throwaway, polluting the planet.

darkslide29

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California
I have a feeling that the execs at Apple assume that EVERYONE thinks Beats are the coolest and everyone wants a pair. Being wrong about this is inconceivable.
Just like they assumed everyone must love U2, and must have their album automatically in their purchase history, even downloading it directly to some devices.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Do they still sell their own in-ear headphones? I was hoping they'd be updated someday but maybe they'll just start selling Beats branded stuff.

They will probably put something Beats-branded and in-ear in the box at some point, but for now, EarPods are still in. They're also a far sight cheaper than any of the current Beats offerings.

Swazaloo

Cancelled
Jan 3, 2014
I love how with every Beats article, everyone is suddenly an audiophile. Beats do not sound like crap, they sound fantastic. Can you get better headphones for less money? Yes. To each their own.

darkslide29

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California

They will probably put something Beats-branded and in-ear in the box at some point, but for now, EarPods are still in. They're also a far sight cheaper than any of the current Beats offerings.

I think they were referring to the dual driver headphones that Apple has been selling for quite some time, with no update.
I remember when they were first released, they were one of the few dual driver headphones that could be bought for under $100. An amazing value at the time.
Apple Store

Last edited:

peteullo

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2009
Scranton, PA
I just tried a pair of 2-3 year old Beats Studios and they were absolutely horrendous! Without exaggeration, they sounded like a pair of $10 bargain bin headphones. I find they had way too much distortion and incredibly way too much bass.

From what I've heard, the newer editions of these headphones are supposedly much better, but I think I'll stay with my B&W P5!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.