Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Feb 13, 2006, 09:35 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Ultimate Ears super.fi 5Pro Earphones

Category: Reviews
Link: Ultimate Ears super.fi 5Pro Earphones
Description:: Do these in-ear earphones boast top notch performance and make up for its price? Read the review for all that, and more!

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Feb 13, 2006, 09:58 PM   #2
devilot
Moderator emeritus

Argh. I've been eyeing these earphones for awhile now... I'm so tempted to get them!
Old Feb 13, 2006, 10:46 PM   #3
Peyton
macrumors 68000

I wouldn't get them personally because when they come out with the new bluetooth ipods, this won't really work. (yes I know about the quality) but still. Also, I think the new apple BT headphones have to be connected (one piece behind the head or something) cos charging 2 'buds' would not be fun
Peyton is offline   0
Old Feb 14, 2006, 03:05 AM   #4
Loge
macrumors 68000

I like the sound of these, particularly the dual drivers; it's also worth noting that the Shure E5c has that feature.
Loge is offline   0
Old Feb 14, 2006, 09:33 AM   #5
devilot
Moderator emeritus

I really don't think I'll use BT. Anyhow... would these earphones, or any really, that have drivers use up more of the iPod's battery?
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:00 AM   #6
devilot
Moderator emeritus

Just a heads up if anyone else is interested... I saw these on earphonesolutions.com for a really decent price: $209.99- $50 MIR (free shipping and sales tax only if you're in Florida). Linky. I think the white ones are the same price. If you prefer clear, only Guitar Center sells them in clear and they may or may not price match it. I tried previously and they wouldn't for me.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:15 AM   #7
jsw
Moderator emeritus

You have placed temptation in front of me, dev. They do indeed have the same price on the white model, FWIW.

$160 after rebate. Free shipping. Must... stop...urge... to... buy them. So... difficult....
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:17 AM   #8
devilot
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw
You have placed temptation in front of me, dev. They do indeed have the same price on the white model, FWIW.

$160 after rebate. Free shipping. Must... stop...urge... to... buy them. So... difficult....
I know. There goes my last 3 months savings. I actually bought the black ones... but it's saying mine won't ship until Feb. 28th-ish.

Come on, just get them! You WILL NOT find a better price from an authorized reseller (meaning keeping the warranty in tact, for sure) in a long time, if ever.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:20 AM   #9
jsw
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilot
I know. There goes my last 3 months savings. I actually bought the black ones... but it's saying mine won't ship until Feb. 28th-ish.

Come on, just get them! You WILL NOT find a better price from an authorized reseller (meaning keeping the warranty in tact, for sure) in a long time, if ever.
I know, I know. I love my B&O A8's, but... I'd be willing to try an in-ear type (not a lot of luck liking the feel so far, but you never know...).

I think I'll TRY to wait until the last day (28th) to see if my $$ is going elsewhere (i.e., Cupertino).
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:21 AM   #10
devilot
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw
I think I'll TRY to wait until the last day (28th) to see if my $$ is going elsewhere (i.e., Cupertino).
That is a good plan. Too bad I doubt my $200 could afford anything coming out that day. Besides, I'm still using stock Apple ouchie buds.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 03:21 PM   #11
Nuks
macrumors 6502a

I got the black ones for 199.

They're amazing headphones, great detail etc. They more for rock and stuff. If you like bass, but want to retain clarity, then get them. (The super.fi eb have increased bass).

So if you like rock music, and portability, go for these.
Nuks is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion