Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
Does anyone know if/when/where a "spoiler-free thread" will be created for those of us who cannot watch the Keynote live tomorrow (due to being at work, school, or not wishing to hear Chinese commentary :p)? Thanks in advance!

macmee

Suspended
Dec 13, 2008
Canada
Does anyone know if/when/where a "spoiler-free thread" will be created for those of us who cannot watch the Keynote live tomorrow (due to being at work, school, or not wishing to hear Chinese commentary :p)? Thanks in advance!

Yeah what the heck was up with that chinese? My stream had so many problems with freezing, but the chinese was by far the strangest.

macmee

Suspended
Dec 13, 2008
Canada
Maybe I'm thick but I don't get it.

In this year's iPhone keynote, the English stream was broken, had frequent freezing and many loading related issues. To fix it, Apple redirected English users to a version of the stream with a Chinese overlay because it happened to be working where the English version was not.

Their logic, I guess, was that a Chinese stream is better than no stream at all.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
In this year's iPhone keynote, the English stream was broken, had frequent freezing and many loading related issues. To fix it, Apple redirected English users to a version of the stream with a Chinese overlay because it happened to be working where the English version was not.

Their logic, I guess, was that a Chinese stream is better than no stream at all.

Right. I'm confused on the "spoiler free thread" part.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
Right. I'm confused on the "spoiler free thread" part.

This and this. A thread that includes no spoilers as to what happened during the Keynote and tells when Apple posts the video on their website. They also did one for the 9.9.2014 event, so I'd think that they'd do one for this too.

temux

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2008
Sweden
Can't we start one here? Anyone up for it? (provide a spoiler free link to the keynote when it's available)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.