Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lightuser333

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
So I know I want a knew mac book air but I don't know where a good places to buy used ones are... Do you guys know any places where you can WORKING MBAs and new ones(latest models)?

Thanks!

lightuser333

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
Sorry I guess I should have been more specific. Is there any place sells cheaper than apple refurbished store?

SusanK

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2012
Sorry, I don't have info on places that sell at a more favorable price than Apple's refurb store. I've purchased many refurbished products from Apple and have been satisfied.

If you find a place that has better prices please post back. Would be good to know.

I do appreciate that refurbished units from Apple have a new unit warranty and Apple Care is available if the purchaser wants it.

motrek

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Sorry, I don't have info on places that sell at a more favorable price than Apple's refurb store. I've purchased many refurbished products from Apple and have been satisfied.

If you find a place that has better prices please post back. Would be good to know.

I do appreciate that refurbished units from Apple have a new unit warranty and Apple Care is available if the purchaser wants it.

I bought a 2014 new instead of refurb because I wanted to be able to easily take it back if I wasn't satisfied with it.

Indeed, with the first MBA I got from Best Buy, the screen hinge was slightly crooked such that when the screen was open, the bottom right corner was a millimeter or two "closer" vs. the top left corner than it should have been. Hard to notice if you just glanced at it but after using it for an hour or two, it got annoying because I was constantly trying to adjust the screen or laptop position so it would be "straight."

I think this would have been a nightmare to return to Apple if it was a refurb unit but it was fine with Best Buy. Exchanged it for another unit in a matter of minutes.

(BTW -- I checked out MBAs at the local Apple store and at Best Buy and it seems like around 40% of MBAs suffer from this crooked hinge problem so I would be fairly concerned about it if buying used/refurb.)

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
There are no highly discount Macs.

Ur only hope of paying less than Apple's refurbs are from third parties, which you must know what you are doing, because once in your hands and something happens to it, you are on your own.

RightMACatU

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2012
There are no highly discount Macs.

Ur only hope of paying less than Apple's refurbs are from third parties, which you must know what you are doing, because once in your hands and something happens to it, you are on your own.

I second that. Pay the <maybe> extra $50 and go to the Refurbished Store for a full year of warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.