Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOSMarc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
It fell through the couch because it was so thin

At least it only has one mark on the bottom left edge of the phone ####

KuchiKopi

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2014
Ouch.

You could try to file a warranty claim but I don't condone that behavior.

iOSMarc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
It's not that bad but it bothers me when I know it's scuffed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,142

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Ouch.

You could try to file a warranty claim but I don't condone that behavior.
I don't condone that behavior either. Warranties are for material defects that the owner is not responsible for. Best course of action is to get a case, and be more careful in the future.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008

Sorry. This just reminds me of I think it was the 3G or 3GS, I waited in line all morning with a friend, got the phones, decided to see a movie. During the movie I hear his phone hit the ground because he was playing with it. Small ding, but drives you crazy it's there on a brand new device.

Cool Pup

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
I'd recommend a transparent bumper case so that the corners don't get dinged up.

Sorry it happened. I'd go naked with my phone but the 6 is far too slippery for me to want to risk that.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx

Would not have happened if you had a case on it! I realize that you admire the look of the phone, but you need a case. I use the Tech21 black Tactical case on my 6 plus. It's still a thin case.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Yay,

Yet another "I don't need a case or AppleCare+ because I've had iPhones for years and never dropped any of them, but now I've dropped my new one and need AppleCare+ &/or a case" thread.

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
I'd recommend a transparent bumper case so that the corners don't get dinged up.

Sorry it happened. I'd go naked with my phone but the 6 is far too slippery for me to want to risk that.

Would not have happened if you had a case on it! I realize that you admire the look of the phone, but you need a case. I use the Tech21 black Tactical case on my 6 plus. It's still a thin case.

Oh hi, you mean like this? Sent from my iPad.

iOSMarc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
That looks like a bad gash. Can you use a filler or something? It would bother me too.

It's an okay gash. It's not noticeable unless in a certain angle and lighting so it doesn't bother me that much.

I rather just leave it alone but I seemed to be cursed with buying new products. I dropped both my iPhone 4, PS Vita, and DSI before it was even a month old :mad::mad::mad::mad:

HAS ANYONE ELSE DROPPED THEIR IPHONE 6

SoloStyle

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
When I was a little kid, I learned how to ride a bicycle. The next day, my parents took me to the store and I picked out the most awesome bike my little heart had ever seen! Within 45 minutes of getting it home, I was racing around the driveway and chasing my sister through the yard when I wrecked and tore off half the padding from the seat. My brand new bike was scraped up something awful. As an adult now, I don't remember if I actually said anything to my parents, but there was nothing I wanted more than for them to take me back to the store and get me another shiny, new bike.

A lesson was learned that day.

iOSMarc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
When I was a little kid, I learned how to ride a bicycle. The next day, my parents took me to the store and I picked out the most awesome bike my little heart had ever seen! Within 45 minutes of getting it home, I was racing around the driveway and chasing my sister through the yard when I wrecked and tore off half the padding from the seat. My brand new bike was scraped up something awful. As an adult now, I don't remember if I actually said anything to my parents, but there was nothing I wanted more than for them to take me back to the store and get me another shiny, new bike.

A lesson was learned that day.

And i'm here still not knowing how to ride a bike :(

iOSMarc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
Knowing this, why did you choose to not put it in a case &/or buy AppleCare+?

I think my dad bought insurance and I LOVE a naked device, so i thought i'd wait for like one more month to just enjoy the design and color of the phone

yolo

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
It's really not that bad (at all!), and now that the first blemish is on the phone you don't have to live in fear of ruining a pristine phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.