Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b465714

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
I tried almost 40-50 times but my iphone 3GS is not getting into DFU mode, I am afraid with continous on/off I would either damage my iphone 3GS or any of its buttons. I found an application that puts my iphone 3GS into recovery mode but not in DFU mode and putting the iphone into recovery mode is very easy I don't even need an application for that.

Does anyone know a better and easy solution to put iphone 3GS into DFU mode?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

b465714

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
Few of the known Methods to achieve DFU mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Method 1)

Attach the phone to the pc
Turn the phone off
Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.

Having problems? Try adjusting the 10 seconds to be slightly less like 9 seconds, then 8, then 7. It’s a tricky timing but you will eventually get it.

Method 2)

Hook up the phone powered on to the PC
Now hold home / power until the phone turns off and keep holding for 10 seconds. If the phone ever turns on during this phase,start over and hold for less time.
Now release power and continue holding home until the PC recognizes the phone.

I don’t like this method as much because there are “rumors” that it may cause some 1604 errors in the restore. I am not convinced of that though.

Method 3)

Attach the phone to the pc
Turn the phone off
Press and hold power. Keep holding power. As soon as you see display on the screen of any sort press and hold home.
Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.

Having problems? Try adjusting the 10 seconds to be slightly less like 9 seconds, then 8, then 7. It’s a tricky timing but you will eventually get it.

Source : thebigboss.org

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.