Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdougal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2011
As some of you may know there is currently a "glitch" allowing the creation of UDP lines on Verizon. Let's discuss successful tactics in locating/purchasing/unloading these wonderful Mac products.

To anyone looking for unlimited data we are not allowed to trade within this thread. If you need more information on how to get an unlimited data line on Verizon just PM me and I'll be happy to help you.

Last edited:

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
Kind of hard to believe this option is still on Apple's website! Is this a backdoor deal with Verizon/Apple? We'll never know the answer to that question.

jdougal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2011
What prices has everyone been getting for the bare bones iPhone 6? At this point I have the lowest price on Swappa and they're still sitting. Looks like the rush is over and going to have to go below retail.

Last edited:

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
What pries has everyone been getting for the bare bones iPhone 6? At this point I have the lowest price on Swappa and they're still sitting. Looks like the rush is over and going to have to go below retail.

I would say that this is probably true for Swappa.

Selling on eBay, and being ballsy enough to ship international should get you some great returns, though.

jdougal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2011
I would say that this is probably true for Swappa.

Selling on eBay, and being ballsy enough to ship international should get you some great returns, though.

I'm so not a fan of eBay. You think there's a big enough price difference to make up the extra eBay fees?

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
Wow the 2am and 2pm refresh were terrible for my state!!

Did Cnotes get banned or was he just making a joke?

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
Wow the 2am and 2pm refresh were terrible for my state!!

Did Cnotes get banned or was he just making a joke?

It says he is in timeout. Did he do something wrong? Break the rules? Probably his emoticons!! Haha.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
What prices has everyone been getting for the bare bones iPhone 6? At this point I have the lowest price on Swappa and they're still sitting. Looks like the rush is over and going to have to go below retail.
I was able to sell mine locally to a friend of a friend who could not get one since my town doesn't have many. I got full retail for it so the person saved the tax and was happy. So $650.

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010

Have you tried craigslist out of curiosity? I live in a VERY VERY rural area, so this is not an option to me. I actually have to drive 2.5 hours to get to the nearest Apple Store.

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
LOL! no he said on howard forums it was due to "giving" away UDP lines.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...m-selecting-udp/page8?p=15622148#post15622148

I think what may have made the mods nervous was bringing in the tax free income discussion so let's leave that to PM.

Ah. That actually makes sense. That's why earlier in the thread, when people were trying to sell their lines (which by the way, I never once saw him offer to give ANYTHING away..) I told them this isn't the place to sell them.

This forum had a marketplace on it, and to be eligible to see the marketplace, you need to have 250 posts and have been a member for 6 months. Also, I don't think selling repeatedly is what the marketplace is set up for. I try to abide by the rules of where I hang out, so I have read all the rules, however it's been a bit.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
My new UDP line and iP6 are gone so I am ready for round 2 but I would like to hold out for an iP6+. It is gtk that the refreshes happen b/t 2-3am/pm o/w I would be obsessively hitting the refresh button for hours on end.

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
My new UDP line and iP6 are gone so I am ready for round 2 but I would like to hold out for an iP6+. It is gtk that the refreshes happen b/t 2-3am/pm o/w I would be obsessively hitting the refresh button for hours on end.

Glad you've got it figured out. Looks like we've got different strategies to get to a similar result. You purchase the big guns which are harder to get, and I purchase the small fries in volume!

BigCheapBastard

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2014
That's what I was thinking! lol He sure did like to overdo it with the emoticons, though

Yes - he was an emoticon addict - I think they sent him to rehab for it

Good to see some of the old crew has found a new thread to continue the discussion.

Last edited:

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
Glad you've got it figured out. Looks like we've got different strategies to get to a similar result. You purchase the big guns which are harder to get, and I purchase the small fries in volume!
It sounds like you have a volume buyer though. If you dont, the small fries are getting harder to sell at a decent margin b/c the shipping cost and swappa fee are the same no matter the price although the paypal and insurance are less.

Last edited:

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
Part II - UDP For Life

It sounds like you have a volume buyer though. If you dont, the small fries are getting harder to sell at a decent margin b/c the shipping cost and swappa fee are the same no matter the price although the paypal and insurance are less.

It's all a matter of preference. One could get 10 iPhone 5s and get a profit of 200.00 per phone (easy no effort) making them 1000.00, or somebody could get 3 iPhone 6+ and sell them at a 350 profit and make around the same. It's all preference, I sell to a reseller and get 440 per phone (300 profit). There's obviously more profit to be made

BigCheapBastard

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2014
So looks like my UDP add-a-line that wouldn't activate finally has been returned in apple's system. Looks like I can now go in and try it again (will do store pick-up this time).

Question 1. - can my sister keep her existing VZW phone # if I AOL this new line to her? If so, only through porting (i.e. google voice?)

2. Once the line is AOLed/transferred isn't it eligible for a subsidized upgrade?

thanks

Last edited:

leopardhead2021

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2014
So when will this end and is there any chance verizon will take away the unlimited at some point for those who attempt to do it at a certain point?

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
Question 1. - can my sister keep her existing VZW phone # if I AOL this new line to her? If so, only through porting (i.e. google voice?)
There was 1 Slick Deals poster who was able to do it but most of the reps won't do it for you.

If she wants to terminate her line, the quickest way is to port to a prepaid line and port back to the new UDP line.

2. Once the line is AOLed/transferred isn't it eligible for a subsidized upgrade?
The contract end date and upgrade date remain the same post-AOL as pre-AOL.

----------

So when will this end and is there any chance verizon will take away the unlimited at some point for those who attempt to do it at a certain point?
Verizon can take UDP away from any subscriber at any time for any reason at all even if you are on contract. If you are on contract and they do it, they have to let you out of contract without an etf if they do and you complain within 60 days of receiving written notice.

----------

Ah. That actually makes sense. That's why earlier in the thread, when people were trying to sell their lines (which by the way, I never once saw him offer to give ANYTHING away..) I told them this isn't the place to sell them.
CNotes is watching us, lol!

http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ple-com-selecting-udp?p=15622826#post15622826

----------

When I am done flipping iPhones, I may have to try the Triton Method to get a Nexus, lol!!!

https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=71110148&postcount=10736

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
There was 1 Slick Deals poster who was able to do it but most of the reps won't do it for you.

If she wants to terminate her line, the quickest way is to port to a prepaid line and port back to the new UDP line.

The contract end date and upgrade date remain the same post-AOL as pre-AOL.

----------

Verizon can take UDP away from any subscriber at any time for any reason at all even if you are on contract. If you are on contract and they do it, they have to let you out of contract without an etf if they do and you complain within 60 days of receiving written notice.

----------

CNotes is watching us, lol!

http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ple-com-selecting-udp?p=15622826#post15622826

----------

When I am done flipping iPhones, I may have to try the Triton Method to get a Nexus, lol!!!

https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=71110148&postcount=10736

Haha. I actually miss him! Thread isn't the same! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.