Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtara

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
At least on current desktop Safari.

Click on "thread tools" link. It just scroll the page up.

Edit: not broken. Just (apparently) somebody's idea of an "improved" UI.

Now Thread Tools are a block at the bottom of the page, and the link just scrolls you there.

----------

Bizarre.

The UI just flipped back.

Now I get the old Thread Tools drop down, and the thread tools block is no longer there at the bottom of the page.

Is MacRumors experimenting? Multiple servers with different code?

And yet again. Seems pretty much random which UI I get!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yeah, getting something similar here as well, almost like something is getting disabled and some basic HTML version of the site is being used.

jtara

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Yeah, getting something similar here as well, almost like something is getting disabled and some basic HTML version of the site is being used.

Ah, that makes sense! Apple announcement and all...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Would be nice if someone involved with the forums could comment on this change.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
The admins always disable certain scrips on event days to improve forum performance when we have above average amounts of users online. As of now they appeared to be turned back on.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The admins always disable certain scrips on event days to improve forum performance when we have above average amounts of users online. As of now they appeared to be turned back on.
Yeah, looks like things are back to normal/usual. Interesting about things being disabled at times. Don't think I recall coming across it for the recent iPhone 6 announcement (which seemed even bigger), so didn't really make that association this time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.