Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bootylu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2014
Hello! My spotlight is not searching in Maps, Wikipedia or Internet Suggestions. I tried to add them to Spotlight Search Results in System Preferences, but they were not there. I cannot add them too. Am I the only one with this Problem? Thanks.

hydr

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2009
Hello! My spotlight is not searching in Maps, Wikipedia or Internet Suggestions. I tried to add them to Spotlight Search Results in System Preferences, but they were not there. I cannot add them too. Am I the only one with this Problem? Thanks.

I got the same problem. If I were to guess, it´s our location. I´m based in Scandinavia.

mejsric

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2013

https://www.apple.com/ios/feature-availability/#spotlight-suggestions-spotlight-suggestions
Spotlight Suggestions: Spotlight Suggestions

Australia Austria Belgium Canada France Germany Ireland Italy Japan (No Maps) Netherlands New Zealand Spain Switzerland UK USA

bootylu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2014
Its the same by my iPhone 6. In Spotlight no Suggested Websites, Suggested Showtimes, Nearby places, No Wikipedia Suggestions. And my Region is Germany...

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
Its the same by my iPhone 6. In Spotlight no Suggested Websites, Suggested Showtimes, Nearby places, No Wikipedia Suggestions. And my Region is Germany...

For me too. And can't search on internet with it for anything. Only shows the files. Any idea?

it might seem strange but is your system language the same as location? i had this problem on my phone (english system language, location italy) and it didn't work, then i switched to italian system lang and it worked. maybe its the same with the mac. pity, i can't use computers with any other language than english :)

bootylu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2014
Yeah, Thanks, it worked. I changed my region to United Kingdom and now it works. Only the Movie Showtimes is not working now.

GrumpyTrucker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2014
I seem to get Wikipedia, suggested website and local files. Nothing from a Bing Search even though it's ticked in Spotlight Preferences. Location UK.

Fearz

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2012
Anyone living physically outside the listed regions and have it working?

is this being verified by your GPS location? or your icloud account region settings?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.