Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevelav

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2014
Hi, Having just upgraded to yosemite from Mavericks, I find that my printer no longer works. In my printer queue it just says Printing - Cannot read the print job , then that changes to Stopped - cannot read the print job.

I have reset the printing system by right clicking in settings, I have reinstalled the driver, I have tried my printer on both usb and through my wifi network and I have reset disk permissions.

The printer is dell 1720dn laser.

Will I just have to downgrade to mavericks to print again?

Thanks

stevelav

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2014
Thx but I have already done that.

Probably dell wont write new drivers for my old printer, so its probably back to Mavericks for me!

stevelav

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2014
Problem solved!

I posted this question on the Dell forums and a very nice chap told me to reset my printing system by right clicking my printer in setting>printers and scanners, this deletes all your printers and scanners from the computer. Then add the printer again in settings>printers and scanners and at the bottom under Use select Generic Postscript Printer and this will add it with generic software/driver which will work.

Thx for any replies

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.