Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
My dad has an issue with the outer silicone stretching when he uses his clip thing.

anyway, are there better alternatives then the Otterbox ?

Bocatrip

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2014
My dad has an issue with the outer silicone stretching when he uses his clip thing.

I'm pretty sure that if he contacted Otterbox, they would probably send him a new outer silicone piece. They are pretty good that way.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
I'm pretty sure that if he contacted Otterbox, they would probably send him a new outer silicone piece. They are pretty good that way.

With free shipping and you can keep the old one. Happened with my iPad Air Defender!

safetyobc

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
Arkansas
I am using the Tough Jacket (not the Maxx) on my 6 Plus and I am very happy with it. It is comparable to the Otterbox Commuter which I used on my iPhone 5.

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States

There's always a piece of glass and a 2 x 4 board with iPhone 6 sandwiched between them, then wrap with duct tape. Guaranteed you're new phone will not bend. And, it's a great antitheft method as well. Unfortunately, you'll need bigger pockets. :cool:

xclusiv1

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2014
supcase unicorn beetle pro

Best case ever... i use it personally... its slim, durable and adds layers of protection... i use this case in conjunction with the tech armor balistic glass & the iq sheild full body skin (rear only)... This is an absolute great combo!!!

Attachments

• 71rpRhSLylL._SL1075_.jpg
    71rpRhSLylL._SL1075_.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 167

DiggityBiggity

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2014
New York Metro
Best case ever... i use it personally... its slim, durable and adds layers of protection... i use this case in conjunction with the tech armor balistic glass & the iq sheild full body skin (rear only)... This is an absolute great combo!!!

This looks like a wonderful temporary case while I wait for a Lifeproof to be released.

Out of curiosity. Why do you use the IQ Shield Rear Skin when it's in this case? Are you concerned about resale value and scratches to the aluminum from dust in between the case and phone?

Thanks!

xclusiv1

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2014
This looks like a wonderful temporary case while I wait for a Lifeproof to be released.

Out of curiosity. Why do you use the IQ Shield Rear Skin when it's in this case? Are you concerned about resale value and scratches to the aluminum from dust in between the case and phone?

Thanks!

Just a force of habit actually... all of my phones have always had front & rear protectors prior to putting it in the case... it makes it fit a bit more snug & adds additional protection... but i must admit, when i go to resell the phone, i always get the highest value.

DiggityBiggity

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2014
New York Metro
Screen Protectors | Body Protectors

Just a force of habit actually... all of my phones have always had front & rear protectors prior to putting it in the case... it makes it fit a bit more snug & adds additional protection... but i must admit, when i go to resell the phone, i always get the highest value.

My habit (since my very first Motorola DROID) was the LITERAL SECOND the cover came off the phones box, the ZAGG screen protector was applied. I've gotten so good at installing these damned things, that EVERYONE I know requests I do theirs.

I've honestly never seen one for the BACK of the phone... this has piqued my interest!!! I kept the original "film" on the back of the phone while I wait for Lifeproof, but this has me thinking I may want to purchase a rear protector too!!!

xclusiv1

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2014
My habit (since my very first Motorola DROID) was the LITERAL SECOND the cover came off the phones box, the ZAGG screen protector was applied. I've gotten so good at installing these damned things, that EVERYONE I know requests I do theirs.

I've honestly never seen one for the BACK of the phone... this has piqued my interest!!! I kept the original "film" on the back of the phone while I wait for Lifeproof, but this has me thinking I may want to purchase a rear protector too!!!

Take a look... (I only use the rear tho)

http://www.amazon.com/Shield-LiQuid...ords=iphone+6+plus+full+body+screen+protector

Attachments

• 61Hcy8RwBlL._SL1000_.jpg
    61Hcy8RwBlL._SL1000_.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 146

wendimc

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2014
If you are patient and can wait a bit longer I'd recommend the lifeproof. They should come out soon.

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
I ordered a Amzer Crusta as well because it looks way better than Otterbox or lifeproof.
Should get it very soon.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.